Chapter 18

ARTHUR'S POV

"Sophia, this is a disaster! How could they cancel the flight?"

Since Emmy's surprise trip to the Netherlands, things could not be going better. We had settled into a good routine, finding tons of time together between her classes and time with her friends and my races.

I had still been going out of my way to prove to her she'd made the right decision in taking me back and part of that was throwing her the best surprise birthday party she'd ever had.

Her birthday was hitting right in the middle of a break between the European and Asian races, and I had been working with Sophia, who had finally welcomed me back into her good graces, to plan everything.

We had rented out Jimmy'z, inviting all their friends (including that fucker Louis). I'd booked Lando's friend Martin Garrix to DJ for the night, knowing Emmy was a huge fan. We had ordered a massive cake and I'd had Sophia buy her a new dress for the night. It was going to be perfect.

So, her dad's flight being cancelled was NOT part of the plan.

"I don't know what you want me to do about it, Arthur," Sophia complained back to me across the phone line. "I don't own the airplane."

I sighed deeply. This was a disaster.

"That's helpful Sophia. Thank you so much," I replied sarcastically. I'd known this girl almost my whole life and she was still as annoying now as she'd been when we were ten.

Now it was her turn to sigh. "Do I really have to do everything for you? You are a famous racecar driver. One of your brothers runs an uber successful company. Oh, and your other brother is one of the most popular Formula 1 drivers there's ever been. BOOK A PRIVATE FLIGHT ARTHUR!"

With that she hung up. And if she hadn't been completely right, I'd be offended.

God, I was an idiot.

I picked up the phone and immediately called Charles.

"Hello baby brother," Charles answered the call joyfully.

"Charles, I don't have time for pleasantries. I'm calling in a favor," I told him hectically.

He sobered up quickly. "Umm, okay. What's wrong?"

"We have a crisis related to Emmy's birthday party. Her dad's flight was cancelled," I explained. "I need you to book him a private flight."

"Arthur," he started with a hesitant tone.

"No. Don't Arthur me. You still owe me. Owe her. She's been bummed for weeks thinking that she wasn't going to see her dad on her birthday. I will NOT let her down."

"Okay, okay. Consider if taken care of," Charles confirmed quickly.

"Thank you. I appreciate it. And Emmy will too. Text me the details when it's done."

Just two more days until this party, and then I could relax. My girl deserved this so much, and I couldn't wait to see the smile on her face.

+++

EMMY'S POV

Waking up on my birthday, I felt more at peace than I'd ever been. I could feel the sun streaming through the window and Arthur's arm wrapped tightly around me, warming me all the way through. I rolled over, burrowing my head into his neck as he stirred slightly.

"Good morning birthday girl," Arthur mumbled sleepily, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"Mmm, good morning my love," I replied, as Arthur started to gently rub my back. "How did you sleep?"