Interlude

In the mystical world of the Boiling Isles, a unique bond was forming between three young souls. Y/N Clawthorne, the fourteen year old son of the infamous Eda Clawthorne, found himself in the company of two extraordinary girls - Amity Blight and Luz Noceda.

On a sunny afternoon, Y/N, Amity, and Luz gathered in the cozy living room of the Owl House, surrounded by ancient spell books and enchanted artifacts. Their mission was twofold: helping Eda and her estranged sister Lilith reconnect and learn the secrets of glyph magic.

Amity, her purple hair cascading elegantly, tapped her fingers against the old, weathered tome. "Alright, we need to focus on the basics first. Luz, remember the fundamentals of glyph magic?"

Luz, her eyes shining with enthusiasm, nodded. "Definitely! It's all about connecting your emotions and intentions to the glyphs you draw."

Y/N leaned back, his arms crossed casually. "And how do we get mom and Lilith to learn this?"

Luz looked at him. "Because after what Emperor Belos did, this is the closest thing we can teach them to magic they can use."

As the trio continued to discuss glyphs and magical intricacies, Amity's hand shifted ever so slightly, brushing against Y/N's. His heart skipped a beat, a blush creeping up his cheeks as their fingers made contact.

"Uh, Amity," Y/N stammered, clearing his throat nervously, "your hair looks really, um, cool today."

Amity's cheeks turned a shade of pink that matched her hair. She glanced down at her own locks, a shy smile gracing her lips. "Oh, uh, thanks Y/N. Yours is pretty cool too."

Luz, sensing the moment, tried to hide her grin as she pretended to focus on the book in front of her, but her curiosity got the better of her. "Oh come on, you two. It's like watching a romance glyph unfold in real life!"

As the evening progressed and the trio continued their studies, a comfortable atmosphere settled in the room. Luz's energy seemed to dim slightly, and before anyone realized it, she had leaned her head against Y/N's shoulder, her eyes still scanning the pages of the book in front of her.

Y/N glanced down at Luz, surprised by her action but also feeling a warmth spreading through him. He carefully shifted, adjusting his posture to accommodate her. Their connection deepened as his shoulder provided a soft and welcoming support for her.

Amity, noticing the new dynamic, shared an understanding smile with Y/N. They continued their discussion, now with a gentle intimacy surrounding them, as Luz's presence against Y/N's shoulder became a symbol of camaraderie and trust.

it became apparent that Luz's exhaustion had finally caught up with her. Her head grew heavier on Y/N's shoulder, her breathing deepening as she succumbed to sleep.

Y/N exchanged a knowing glance with Amity, who nodded in agreement. Gently and carefully, Y/N shifted his arm under Luz, allowing her head to rest more comfortably against his chest. With a careful ease, he lifted her into his arms, her small frame feeling surprisingly light.

Amity gathered up their study materials and smiled at Y/N as he began to make his way toward the staircase that led to the bedrooms. She knew the kind-hearted gesture he was making, and she followed silently behind him.

With Luz cradled in his arms, Y/N climbed the stairs and walked down the hall to the bedroom Luz often used during her stays at the Owl House. He gently laid her down on the bed, tucking her in with a soft touch. Amity lingered in the doorway, her expression fond and grateful for the compassion she was witnessing.

As they retreated from the room, Y/N paused, his fingers lightly brushing a strand of hair from Luz's face. He glanced back at her one last time before quietly closing the door, leaving her to the peaceful embrace of sleep.