Small talk 8

"How does it feel?" Eggman asked walking to Shadow.

Shadow glared at him but didn't respond.

"Heh fine don't answer, but I want you to think, Maria. She's gone Sonics gone-"

"Shut up!" Shadow growled.

"Ha,you think you scare me?, It's sad when the things YOU love are gone, while yes Maria may be related to me,.. you cared for her, Sonic.. you love him do you?" Eggman asked looking at him.

Shadow turned away. "Odd." Eggman said. The robot let go of Shadow.

As soon as Shadows feet hit the ground he punched Eggman right in the face, causing him to fall.

"God Damnit!"

  Eggman wiped his bloody nose.

"Let.Him.Go." Shadow growled.

""Or the next thing bleeding is going to be your head across the room." Shadow added.

Eggman stood up, laughing. "You think your strong? Haha, you're lost, everyone you love is now gone, your dwelling on the past Shadow-"

Before he could finish Shadow punched Eggman so hard, he heard a crack. Eggman fell to the floor once more.

The robots were more focused on Eggman which gave shadow the chance to get Sonic. He knew Eggman would be getting his robots to get him so he had to be quick.

"Sonic!" Shadow yelled barging into the room.

He didn't hear anything. Shit.

"Son-" Shadow stopped and seen Sonic tied to a table motionless.

"Sonic!" Shadow ran up to him and ripped the ropes off of him.

Shadow sat him up in his arms. "Sonic?" Shadow said. Sonic made a small noise and slowly opened his eyes.

"Shad's?" Sonic smiled a little.

"A-are you okay?" Shadow asked.

Sonic stood up, wobbling a little. "Yea, yea I'll be okay." Sonic rubbed his head.

"Are you sure, you can't even walk straight." Shadow said.

Sonic squinted his eyes trying to focus.

"Okay come here." Shadow picked Sonic up and ran out.

"Shadow I'm fine" Sonic protested.

"No your not I'm bringing you house so you can rest, then I'm getting your friends." Shadow said.

Sonic knew there was not fighting him so he put his head on Shadows chest.

Shadow ran home and put Sonic in the bed.

"Stay." Shadow demanded.

Sonic sat up. "I'm not a dog." Sonic said.

"No your an hedgehog, you're staying I'll be back." Shadow ran out.

Shadows POV.
After leaving sonic at home, I felt relieved but I just wanted to stay by him, I know how he his, but hopefully this one time he'll listen and stay home. I went back to Eggmans base.

"Shadow? What happened? Is sonic okay?" I heard Tails.

I turned and seen him still being held by the robot, they were all there. I didn't respond but I managed to get Tails out of it's grasp. Tails was able to disconnect the other robots causing them to drop the others.

"Thanks Shadow." Amy said.

Knuckles was focused on Rouge making sure she was okay, which made me know that he's good for her.

"We need to leave now." I said. Everyone followed behind....