In the morning 15

Rouges POV:
I was RUDELY awakened by Knuckles snoring well more like snorting. Then I realized his arms are around me. My leg doesn't hurt as bad, thankfully I'm a fast healer. My wings on the other hand, I don't know when I can fly again. Knuckles mumbled something and slowly woke up.

"Crap! Rouge I'm sorry, I didn't hurt you did I?" Knuckles said sitting up.

I sat up with him. "No? You didn't hurt me your were simply holding me.. it's fine." I told him.

He looked like he did something wrong which I find cute.

"Well  did you sleep well?" He asked clearing his throat and standing up. He just  looks  so serious all the time which  come on we're together now, he can loosen up a bit.

"You know you don't have to act all big and bad, get comfortable Knucks.". I told him getting off the bed.

I hope I didn't hurt his feelings last night when I told him I didn't need to be helped, great now I feel bad.

"Knuckles?" I asked him.

He turned to me waiting for a response.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings last night about me not needing help, you can help me heh, I don't mind it's just I like doing some things to myself." I told him.

A small smile went across his face.

"Ok well...Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Sure. " I took his hand and we went into the kitchen.

"I'm the one cooking just letting you know that " I told him grabbing the eggs.

"I can cook Rouge." He said crossing his arms.

"What do you cook on the rocks ? You're on that island all the time you have food planted there, you don't have a kitchen or anything " I told him.

He looked around for a minute, then took the eggs out of my hand and grabbed a pan.

"What-what are you doing?" I said putting my hands on my hips.

"Cooking, go sit down " He demanded.

When did become more demanding? It's kind of sexy though.

I walked out and looked back into the kitchen I watched him for a second, he's cute when he's walking around looking for different ingredients. I sat in the living room and turned the TV on.

He hasn't asked for anything which knowing him he wouldn't ask for anything.

The food actually started to smell good. Within 5 minutes he came out with a plate.

"Here." He said handing me a plate.

"Oh well aren't you going to eat?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I guess, I just want you to eat." He said.

"Well thank you Knucks. I love you!" I yelled at him as he walked to the kitchen.

He turned. I could tell he was blushing. He crossed his arms and turned away from me.

"I love you too Rouge" he mumbled.

"Aww you won't say it to my face?" I told him walking up to him.

He rolled his eyes, and looked into my eyes. "I love you." He said kissing me.

I wanted to leap in the air for that it was so sweet damn I wish my leg could heal faster.

"Now seriously please go eat your food, it's good protein." Knuckles Said grabbing another egg.

I laughed a little but went back to the living room and ate my food. Knuckles soon came in and sat with me eating his food.

"You know it's really good where did you even learn to cook?" I asked him.

"Well I learned a bit from my parents, uh when Sonic and us go on our 'adventures' the people from the towns would always teach you something." Knuckles said.

"Oh, hm well good to know." I told him. I started to get up to put my plate in the sink.

"I got it." Knuckles put his plate down.

"Ha, no I got it, you go eat your food." I told him.

"I can be demanding too Knuckie." I said going to the kitchen.

Knuckles POV:

Hm fine. She just doesn't like being helped I know that but still she can't fly and even if she was able to she'll probably fly in circles due to her wings.

I started to laugh thinking of when Rouge starts trying to fly again and she starts going in circles because one of her wings don't work. I had to put my plate down for a second because I was going to end up choking on my food from me laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" Rouge asked laughing a little.

" Nothing." I tried holding my laugh.

"Ahuh sure." Rouge sat down with me.

"So maybe next week I'll be able to attempt flying again."

"Ha, okay." I laughed.

"What's so funny to you, are you on something? I never hear you laugh. " Rouge asked.

"Well- it's just when you decide to attempt flying again what if only one of your wings work and you start flying in circles?" I laughed.

She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes .

"You really think your funny?" She told me.

I thought she was serious but she started to laugh.

"I guess I mean it was funny" I said shrugging.

I went to go put my plate up. Rouge stayed on the couch. I looked over and her messing with her leg. I know she can't really do anything because of her injury's but I guess this might help.

"Rouge?"

She turned her head. "Yea?"

"Wanna go for a walk? Just to help your leg a little."

Rouge smiled and put her shoes on. "Sure let's go."

We left the house and walked to the coffee shop.