Staying with Rouge 13

"Knuckles is she-" Shadow stopped.

He  saw the two together. Rouges head sat up from knuckles chest and knuckles straightened back up.

"Hey Shadow." Rouge said.

Sonic and walked in so did Amy and Tails.

"Hey Rouge how ya feeling?" Amy asked.

"Like shit." Rouge laughed.

"Yea. ... Well you're gonna be resting for awhile., Maybe around 2 months, due to how fast you heal. " Amy said. Knuckles took Rouges hand to help her up.

"I got it Knuckles." Rouge smiled. Knuckles helped her anyways.

"Well if you want you can head home." Amy said.

"Well who's gonna stay and take care of you?" Sonic asked, with a little smirk.

"Me." Knuckles Said.

"What about your emerald?" Tails asked.

"Well since Eggmans gone I don't have to worry about it as much." Knuckles said.

"Plus. She can't fly up there anymore so-" Before he could finish Rouge hit his side.

"Hm.. I'll be fine though." Rouge said.

Everyone talked for a bit, then it was getting dark.

"Well I guess I'll see y'all tomorrow, night guys!" Amy said waving.

Everyone walked back to their houses.

"Knuckles Im fully capable of walking by myself. " Rouge said.

Knuckles ignored her and still held on to her . "I don't want to risk it." Knuckles said.

Rouge huffed but eventually gave up.

Rouge POV:
My body hurts like shit, but having him on my side numbs the pain, you could say. Can't do anything special tonight with him, or for 2 months due to my leg and my damn wings, but since he's staying down here with me I find that comforting. It was a quiet walk back to my house but it's peaceful.
Knuckles opened the door for me and we walked in.

"You know after all the time I've known you I've never been to your house" Knuckles said looking around.

"Because you were to busy with you Emerald., 'My precious'" I laughed sitting in the couch.

I stumbled a little causing Knuckles to run up to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

" I'm fine Knuckie, just-you don't have to baby me. " I  rolled my  eyes.

"Well, your hurt and I'm taking care of you, you got it?" Knuckles said Crossing his arms, narrowing his eyes at me.

I blushed a little. "Demanding huh? Cute."

Knuckles leaned in my face. "Well maybe I like being demanding." He said with a small smile.

I just froze and blushed. What did he just say?

" Uh- I didn't mean like- I meant like telling you-" Knuckles stood tall and looked away.

"Ahuh sure knuckles.... Well I'm going to sleep." I said getting up.

Knuckles put his hand out wanting to help me , but I refused it. I  laid in my  bed. Knuckles walked out.

"Wait where are you going?, Knuckles you can lay down here " I asked him  from my bed.

Knuckles turned. "In the bed?" His head turned.

"Uh yea?, Don't you sleep in a bed?" I  asked.

"No I stay by the Master Emerald." Knuckles said.

"So hold up you sleep outside on the ground ?" I said titling my head.

"Yes?" Knuckles raised a brow.

"Heh, no your sleeping right here lay down." I patted the other side of the bed.

Knuckles hesitated for a second, but slowly got on the bed and laid down.

"No wonder your grumpy you sleep on the ground. " I said.

Knuckles grabbed the blanket and cover up with it. "I'm not grumpy." He said.

"Well not now." I said laying down and looking at him.

Knuckles was facing towards the ceiling looking at the fan.

"Night Knuckie." I said kissing him.

"Night." Knuckles said.

Within 5 minutes Knuckles was out.

Of course he's asleep. out like a light.

I went to sleep a little after him.

And that was my night..