Chapter 6

Minji's Pov

"Nothing happened, Minjj"

"Then why the hell was I shirtless, Danielle" I shouted, walking down the stairs, trailing behind her, as we reached the living room.

She sighed and sat on the couch.

"Once we got home I carried you all the way to the room. You smelled like alcohol so I told you I would change you. After I took your shirt off, you turned the other way, refusing me to touch you so I left you as you were" She explained, assuring me that nothing happened.

"Okay, then. Let's say that actually happened. How about you and I cuddling underneath the covers?" I questioned, only this time a lot calmer.

"You said you were cold so I covered you with the duvet. You said it wasn't enough so when I was about to turn down the AC, you pulled me to your arms." She responded with a straight face.

Hearing her explanation calmed me down. I looked at Danielle feeling bad, I didn't mean to burst out on her.

"I'm sorry, my headache got to me" I said as I rubbed my head.

I hate this hangover, why did I even drink so much.

"I thought you'd quit drinking" Danielle said and got up to give me some medicine for my hangover.

"I only drink during special occasions. I just drank a little too much for my system to handle." I replied, taking the pill, swallowing it with water.

"Any news with Hanni?"

"No, I haven't called nor texted her for days. She must be worried sick." I said in a guilty tone.

My mind then quickly shifted off to what Sunoo said last night.

Hanni was crying and blaming herself...

My guilt is eating me up. I keep forcing myself to at least give her an update but I just can't, no matter how hard I try.

I wouldn't even blame her if she didn't respond to me. I'm risking my relationship with a young woman who I have loved for years. She saw the good in me when nobody else did.

I know what love is and what it feels like because of her. I'm gambling between two things I've grown to love.

I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

________

Hanni's Pov

I grabbed my coat and umbrella and opened the door when I froze, looking at the person in front of me.

It was Minji and she was all wet from the rain.

I was happy to see her but also very angry at the fact that she ghosted her own girlfriend for weeks. I couldn't just forgive her, even if she looked cute at the moment.

I huffed and gathered the courage to stand up straight and give her a blank expression before shutting the door on her face.

I heard her groan from outside but I didn't care, she deserved it. Suffer from a broken nose for all I care.

I was about to take off my coat, the doorbell rang again. I ignored it and turned on the TV. She kept ringing the doorbell but I didn't budge.

She didn't have her keycard with her so she tried putting in the passcode but to no avail, it didn't work because I changed it a few days ago. She has to learn a lesson.

"Baby" She called out.

"Hanni it's very cold, please open the door" She was banging the door gently this time.