Chapter 29

Third Person Pov

The woman groaned as she stretched her arms and legs. She brought her hand up to her face, covering it from the sunlight that was creeping in from the open blinds.

She groaned loudly, holding her temples with her hand. She had a terrible hangover, and being woken up this early was not helping with her headache.

She moved over to the aide, gently moving her arm on the other side of the bed. It was empty.

She must have woken up already. She said to herself before getting up from bed and staggering out the door of their shared room.

She slowly went down the stairs, gripping the railings with force as her hand massaged her temples.

"I shouldn't have drank that much" She cursed.

She went inside the kitchen and opened the top cupboard, grabbing a glass before walking over to the fridge and pressing the button. Water poured onto the cup and after a few seconds, it was full.

She gulped it all down, letting a heavy sigh out. She cursed herself for drinking so much. The woman felt upset and wasn't even able to process just how much alcohol was in her system.

She sat down on the chair and started massaging her head even more. But whatever she did, the pain just wouldn't subside.

"Maybe this can help" A voice from behind her was heard. She looked at where the sound came from and saw her girlfriend standing just a few feet away from her.

The feline woman walked over to her partner and placed the plastic bag down on the island counter. Danielle took the bag and opened it. The bag contained some pain relievers, for her headache, and a few goodies for the woman.

She took the pain reliever out. Haerin gave her a glass of water. She took it from her hand and plopped the pill in her mouth before taking a few sips of water to wash it down.

Then, she opened the plastic bag and saw bananas and tiny cut up carrots. Her mouth watered at the sight.

The feline woman watched the girl's eyes twinkle and smiled at how cute her girlfriend looked. But that warm smile subsided and was replaced with a sad look.

She stared at her girlfriend as she took a bite of the banana with the cut up carrot on top. The latter hummed in satisfaction as she chewed it slowly.

"Dani" Haerin whispered at Danielle, catching the older girl's attention.

"Why did you drink last night" She asked.

Danielle's smile faded at what her girlfriend said. She placed the banana down and took another sip of her water. Ignoring her girlfriend's question.

"Danielle, I'm talking to you" Haerin said sternly. But not in a way that would come off as commanding for the older woman.

"I'll do you one better. Where were you last night?" Danielle ignored her girlfriend again and instead shot her a question back.

"I asked you first" She snapped back. She didn't really know how to answer her girlfriend's question.

"Fine. It was my lily's idea. It's been ages since we last went out together so I figured it wouldn't hurt to party a little" Danielle answered in a cold tone before mouthing another piece of carrot.

She looked at her girlfriend and raised an eyebrow. Gesturing for her to answer her question now since she answered hers.

But the feline woman just stood there. Her fingers started fidgeting and she started sweating.