Chapter 9

- 5 Years Later -

Third Person Pov

It's been 5 years since that incident. A lot has changed since then. Hanni and Minji have gone different ways and are now living their life separate from each other.

Minji, has taken over the business, and has done a tremendous job doing so. After their break up, she focused on healing her inner self. She's now become a changed person. Still the same workaholic, but now she's learned how to balance her time.

Hanni, on the other hand, stayed the same. She's still the sweet, caring, and down to earth natured girl Minji fell in love with.

________

Minji's Pov

"Good Morning, Minji" Danielle said, kissing my cheek.

"Yep, I'm still not used to seeing my girlfriend kissing you" Haerin said, pulling Dani away from me.

"Don't worry, rin. She's all yours" I chuckled and hugged Haerin.

"How was your anniversary" I asked them, "It was lovely. Paris was as nice as I imagined it to be" Haerin said, looking at Dani lovingly.

Yes, they're a couple. They have been for a year now. They just celebrated their anniversary last week.

After my break up with Hanni, Dani and I didn't end up getting married. We called off the wedding a few months later.

Favor was on our side since Dani's Father was arrested the day we broke off the engagement. He went to jail for corruption. Turns out he was misusing his Investors money and properties for his own good.

Their business was sold to pay off their debts and her father was put in jail for 10 years. It took them a while to get back up their feet, but Haerin was there, ready to help in the process. That's how their love for each other started to bloom.

Dani went on and on about how amazing Paris was, when she suddenly got interrupted.

The door opened, revealing a beautiful lady in a long black vintage dress.

She came up to me and gave me a peck on the lips, "Hi Honey" Yunjin said as she smiled and greeted the others that were in the room.

"Hello Hon. How was your day? Please take a seat" I replied, pulling a chair for her to sit on.

Yunjin and I have been dating for 1 year and 11 months. We meet at a family gathering, she's a friend of my cousin. We were friends for a few months before I started developing feelings for her.

When I asked her out, she said she'd liked me for years but was afraid to say anything.

That's why I'm planning something big for our 2 year anniversary. I want her to feel special, she is my girlfriend after all.

________
- America -

Hanni's Pov

I'm currently at a cafe, waiting for my coffee and croissant to be handed. When suddenly, someone sat at my table and greeted me, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi Love, I'm sorry I'm late" Jay said, as he sat in front of me.

"It's okay, love. I've already ordered for you. The usual" I said, smiling at him. He looked so cute, his hair all messed up. I fixed it for him, earning a kiss on the forehead.

After the break up, I decided to go to America and start fresh. I left the bakery to my sister, Eunchae.

My family was supportive of my decision. Sure, it was hard leaving everything behind but Jay was always there for me. He sold his cafe and used the money so we could start a new life here.