Chapter 17

Third Person Pov

A few months had passed since Yunjin's passing. Minji was desperate. She distracted herself with work and nothing else.

Her parents have tried, her sisters, even her friends. But no one could get to her.

If she wasn't working. She'd lock herself in her room, not wanting to be disturbed by anyone.

They had no choice but to let her be. It was affecting her badly. Her physique had changed due to the lack of calories and protein shes consuming.

Shes mentally, physically, and emotionally drained. Her family and friends could only hope that one day, Minji would get back to how she was.

________

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Minji you have to eat" The person outside of her room shouted.

No response.....

The person knocked again... and again.... and again. But nothing changed.

"Minji, it's Minju. Please come out and eat, or at least just open the door" Minju begged, knocking again, only this time, it was louder.

She heard rummaging from inside the room, but to her dismay, Minji still didn't reply.

The latter sighed in defeat. She placed the food tray on the floor before rising to her feet.

"I will put your food out here on the floor.  I'll leave you alone, if that's what you want. But please... just eat, Minji... For me" She whispered the last bit before walking away.

Leaving Minji, who was drowning in her sorrow, alone in her room.

________

"Did she eat, Minju?" Her mother asked, a look of despair on her face.

"I knocked but she didn't respond. So, I left her food outside"

"What do we do, dear. She's been like this for months now. I'm scared, I don't know what to do anymore" Crying on her husband's chest.

He held his wife's waist and pulled her away as he looked into her eyes. He kissed her forehead, hoping she'd calm down.

"Give her more time. I know, she'll get through this. She just needs the right person" Whispering the last bit.

A particular lady appeared in his mind. He knew she was the only one who Minji would give the time of day to listen to.

The only problem was that, once she flew back to America, we lost any form of contact with her.

Meanwhile......

Minji was inside of her room, smiling widely at a certain person on her phone.

"Who was at the door, Min?" The person on the other line asked.

The latter stayed silent at the sudden question.

She and Hanni have been talking for days now. It was her who reached out, knowing that the petite woman still had an effect on her.

"Minji" Hanni said in a commanding tone.

The latter sighed before answering, "It was Minju, unnie. She called out to me, reminding me to eat my meal"

"Minji, you should eat. You know it's bad for your health if you skip your meals" Hanni scolded.

The woman just whined before moving to get up from her bed.

"I don't have the energy to"

"You're lucky I'm not there, or else I'd be scolding you even more. I know you don't like that"