Rhylaston

Looking down at a petite and, by the looks of it, very startled drowess, Rhy quickly grabbed her by the shoulders to keep her from running strait into him...His efforts were for naught. This little slight of a female not only faceplanted into his chest but then looked up at him as if it was his fault. And then she screamed. Out of pure reflex, Rhy clamped a hand against the drowess mouth before she made a scene. "For the love of Eilistraee woman, calm yourself. I mean you no harm. Do I look like a cad?" This tiny creature, with her short, snow white hair, arched brows black as night over the most beautiful set eyes the very shade of moon dust, relaxed only slightly. She seemed to be studying the features of his face to come to her own conclusion...She bit his hand just as he had begun to pull it away from her mouth. "GAH!" Rearing back, Rhy looked down at his hand and then back up to her, scowling hard. He drew himself up to his full height, towering over her as he closed the distance between them. "Mayhaps the lady would show more respect to one obviously above her station as there is not one drowess in my acquaintance that would ever behave in such a manor, provoked or otherwise." At that, the little thing clenched her jaw, not backing down in the least, her eyes blazing into his. "You pompous brat! You think your station allows you to wander into the bathing springs and spy on whomever you please?! You sir, are a pervert!" she yelled, and poked him in the chest with one bony finger to emphasize her point. Rhy grabbed her wrist when she went to poke him a second time and growled low.

For most drow cultures, it was the women who ruled and were to be obeyed. But here, the Matron Mother had proclaimed them all equal under her rule. Therefore, Rhy was much accustomed to being respected while this tiny ball of chaos before him must have came of a different clan that had not yet embraced the new ways. She thought he was beneath her, no matter what his station or hers. And Rhy was about to teach her otherwise.

Pulling her so close that their breaths mingled as one, Rhy locked her gaze to hers, his voice low, dangerous, and full of promise. "I am Rhylaston of House Noquval, the oldest House of all of the Underdark save House Eliszynge, our very own Matron Mothers House. And you, my little sprite, have wandered into a neutral province so if you cherish your pretty head and wish it to remain on your shoulders, I do suggest you cease poking me before I break off each of your delicate fingers and toss them into the spring...Do we have an understanding..."

The drowess gaze widened tremendously and she nodded her head in a jerky manner. Rhy released her gently, receiving little satisfaction when she massaged her wrist as if he had hurt her. He did not like hurting women, it was not in his nature to be unnecessarily cruel. Thinking a small amount of manners may help get them back on track, Rhy gave her a slight bow. "Rhylaston, as I said, at your service. My apologies for frightening you, I was not aware the area was occupied." The drowess took a step back just to put some distance between them and bit her lip. "N...Nedual...of House...Despt'tar..." she said, her gaze dropping to the floor in shame.