Chapter 3: The Honored One

Y/n: POV

I go back to your apartment and fix a drink. I take off my suit and put on casual wear. I then sit onto the living room couch and look up into the 5m high ceiling.

Thoughts run through my head. What if Kai'Sa is with the Void? Was that all just an act? If so, she must be the greatest actor and manipulator... Those are attributes, that indeed are very strongly associated with Voidlings.

I sigh... It felt real... More thoughts run through my head. I think of all the possibilities. If she is with the Void and I confess to her all hell would break loose. My mom was one of the High Angels. And if news got to heaven that one of the High Angel offsprings has betrayed Heaven, would erupt in Civil War. That would also break the SEAL and Void might bring a War to Heaven.

I CAN NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!

I realize that I need a break. I need a break from this matter... and humans too. I think they are having this depressing effect on me. They are just so insincere, evil and petty. Yet they're so weak. It's sad really. If I was God, I'd be ashamed in my creation... Well I guess there are good humans too, like Seraphine, but they're so rare.

Y/n: Father.

I whisper out and not even a second later, an old boney man appears in front of me.

Father: Yes... Son?

Y/n: I'll pick up the mantle right now, for a week.

Father: Oh, that's good news. Here's the Scythe.

He hands over a piece of black metal to me. Hmm. Seems like he upgraded his Scythe with some kind of retraction spell.   Father already turned to leave but I stop him for a second.

Y/n: Wait...

My father turns back around and looks at me with his empty black voids that are supposed to be eyes. But in this void, I can see an almost completely unnoticeable little blue light. Like a star in space.

I contemplate on whether to tell him about my situation. Maybe he could help me with it. Give his point of view to me?

Y/n: I... What will you do in your free week?

Father: Oh, I'll probably go fishing and check out what humans have been up to in the last century.

Y/n: Right... Have fun.

He nods and vanishes into the shadows. I write a note to Seraphine to let her know that I'll be back in a week and step into the shadows myself.

I appear in the backstreet of a small village. It's the village where my father keeps the flying horses.

I make my way to the stable, choose a horse and prepare to take off.

The horse is almost pitch-black, with horns and 4 red piercing eyes.