Payakan

We were all sitting in a circle on rocks. Aonung leaning against a tree with neteyam on his right and Roxto on his left, beside Roxto was Kiri and tuk behind them both. I was between Kiri and Tsireya. Tsireya on my left holding Loak on her other side as we all talk about Loaks adventure beyond the reef.

"There was this Tulkun, he had this missing fin, a nub on his left side" Loak said point to his left arm to demonstrate. 

Tsireya looks at him in worry looking at Aonung then back at Loak "payakan.." she murmured under her breath that only neteyam and Loak could hear.

"Who's payakan?" Neteyam asked. "Payakan is a killer of all men and tulkun." Aonung replying to neteyams question.

"Loak he has killed many, that is why he is outcast." Roxto replied.

"No, no that's not him. He saved my life!" Loak started raising his voice so he could be heard, listened to. "My baby brother, faced a killer and lived to tell the story" neteyam said getting up and putting his hands on loaks shoulders trying to joke with him.

"You guys aren't listening" Loak pushed neteyam off, started to get up and walked away. "No Loak I'm listening" tuk said loudly so her brother could hear. "Loak!" Kiri tried getting his attention saying it in a loud voice but sighing after figuring he didn't hear or just ignored her.

Loak felt like no one understood him like payakan did. No would get him, that he is outcast, different, hated by others. Loak wished he was like neteyam. Brave, normal, favorited, and makes dad proud. All Loak feels is disappointment.

"PAYAKAN" Loak yells trying to find his friend that he recently made that just gets him and understand him. Payakan comes up from the ocean and Loak instantly doesn't feel lonely and feels like he has a friend.

Loak and payakan plays for hours, swimming through the ocean, flipping in the water, finding fish. They had a blast.

Tiger was concerned about her younger brother. He felt alone and she didn't even try to do anything she felt really bad then started to cry when she remember her adventures with Loak spider and Kiri. She's sitting on the sand, her feet in the water, balling her eyes out when she hears footsteps and starts to wipe her tears.

"Are you ok?" It was Aonung. "Yeah, I'm fine nothing to worry about" she said fake laughing to make it seem like she's fine. Aonung sat beside her, also putting his feet in the water, brushing his tail against her back. "I'm sorry.." he said unexpectedly. "For what?" She said trying to sound like she doesn't know what he's talking about. "For everything. Leaving Loak defending his life against dangers, making fun of kiri, fighting neteyam. That just wasn't me, I guess I got too caught up with my friends that I forgot how to act properly."

"Oh, it's ok. I know you didn't mean to" I said rubbing his back. His eyes started water, thinking about all that he's done and how he's made it harder on us. I turned him and and hugged him tightly, he started crying more. We sat there for a couple minutes when he pulled away. "This is embarrassing.." he said wiping away his tears. "It's not, you let out your emotions and that's ok, you don't have to be emotionless."

He looked at her with pure joy in his eyes as he finally made a good friend (other then Roxto ofc<3). "Hey can I show you something?" He asked me. I simply nodded a yes and he took my hand and we started to walk towards the forest. When we almost got there he put his hands over my eyes so I couldn't see. We stopped and I didn't feel sand anymore. He took his hands off my eyes and I couldn't believe it.

The forest had bioluminescence all over. In the water, on the little animals, and on the plants.

It was like the forest back home kind of. "I know this isn't like your home but I thou-" he got cut off by me hugging him. "Thank you so much for showing me this."

I looked at him with pure eyes and smiled. He smiled back then we noticed it was past eclipse and we were gonna be in big trouble.