An Unexpected Visitor

Will was sure the Mind Flayer was back. The weird part was that he hadn't seen Him yet. Usually, Will could see the Mind Flayer, but He was hiding for some reason. He didn't want Will to see Him.

Will was driving back to Jane's house with his two bickering companions. The car was awkwardly silent. It was as if the line of eye-contact Brad and Mike made was solid and Will could feel it over his head. He didn't like that the two weren't getting along. They both hated each other, but Will couldn't see why. They'd never done a single thing to each other, but they were automatically mad. Brad didn't even like having Mike in his presence. Mike kept trying to find fault in Brad's character. It was making Will a little self-conscious about the whole thing. Whoops, sorry I'm stupid enough to get myself such a horrible boyfriend. But Brad wasn't horrible. He was just worked up about all of the new information that was being thrown at him. It was understandable that he was uptight. Anyone would be... right?

"We're gonna tell everyone about your vision, right Will?" Mike finally said.

Brad rolled his eyes. "Of course we're gonna fucking tell them. Aren't we saving the world or something? This information seems pretty important."

"I was just making sure he was okay with that," Mike argued. "I wouldn't want to go tell everyone about it without his permission."

"Well, it's a stupid question because of course he's gonna say yes. It'd be selfish to say no, right? This is information we need."

Mike furrowed his eyebrows. "How about you just let him answer then?" Both boys turned expectantly to Will, who was sweating ever so slightly. He had originally planned on saying no to telling everyone about the vision and just mentioning the feelings in the back of his neck. They all had enough to worry about without Will's visions. But now that Brad had mentioned that would be selfish, he felt a bit awkward disagreeing. He supposed it would be a little selfish to withhold all the information from everyone. They were in this together. They deserved to know, even if Will would rather they not.

"Yeah, we can tell them. It's fine."

" See?" Brad hissed. "I told you he'd be okay with it."

Mike scoffed. "Oh, well, you must just know him so much better than I do, huh? You knew what he was gonna say! Do you want a prize? Something for your effort?"

Will sighed as the boys continued to bicker in the background. He tried to drown it out. It was really getting old, both of them arguing at every convenience. It was like they had something to prove to each other.

When they finally arrived at Jane's house, the door was immediately answered by Dustin, who seemed to have been waiting for them.

"Finally. I've been having trouble holding the others off from breakfast until you got here. They're just about ravenous. You better come in quick."

Will laughed. He was pretty hungry too, so coming inside quickly to eat wasn't that much to ask of him. "What's for breakfast, then?"

"Eggos, obviously. This is Jane's house, after all." He turned towards them again. "But she's dressing 'em up all special. Like, not just syrup. She's got all these cool toppings. Customizing them for each person."

Mike grinned. "Aw, that's so cool! I can't wait to see what mine's like!"

Everyone entered the dining room where Jane was starting to distribute plates to the people who were already sitting. There were three spots left at the table. Two right by each other and one on the opposite side. Mike moved fast, making his way to one of the two spots next to each other. Will was about to argue against it, saying that maybe Will should sit with Brad since he didn't know anyone else very well, but Brad scowled and stomped off towards the opposite side, sitting down between Dustin and Max, so Will sat next to Mike.