Sudden Death

Notes- TW for A LOT of blood/descriptions of gore. Also death, descriptions of death and violence, and crying.
This chapter might be kinda hard to read if you don't like blood/violence, so just take caution <3

The creature came out of nowhere at lightning speed, knocking Brad down so fast that Will could hardly comprehend what was happening. He was still slightly dazed from being hit over the head with the handle of a gun.

Brad's screaming was blood-curdling as the monster sank its teeth into his flesh. First his stomach. Will couldn't tell what he was saying. A strange jumble of panicked words. Help, off, Will, hurt, stop, go, die. Something like that. Something with those words.

Will wanted to scream at the top of his lungs as he watched the demogorgon tear apart Brad's body. He watched the light finally leave his eyes, unable to understand his last words, but he couldn't scream. He couldn't let the demogorgon know he was there, so he took a silent breath in and closed his eyes, trying to think of other things in the moment.

He heard noises for what seemed like hours, although it was probably only a few minutes. His legs threatened to give out as he stood like a stone statue and listened to the room around him. The TV was still broadcasting the football game. The creature knocked things over and gave its horrible shriek. Will hated that shriek. He remembered hearing it a lot when he was in the Upside Down. And now it was here, eating away at the corpse of Will's murder-hungry boyfriend. It's not gonna get out of hand. Now he really wanted to laugh.

Eventually, the sounds left. The blood from Brad's body had been enough to mask the smell of the blood from Will's nose, fortunately (if you could really count that as fortunate), and the monster had left without detecting his presence. Will slowly opened his eyes to find that the body was gone. The demogorgon took it home. Maybe he'd share it with his demogorgon family. Or feed it to his demodog. Or gift it to his demonieghbors.

Will was still cautious about making noise. He wasn't sure how far away the monster was by now. His brain was running away from him at a million miles an hour. He'd just watched Brad get eaten alive by a demogorgon. That had to be among the worst thing he had ever seen. The blood and the screaming. His legs continued to shake violently, and his hands too.

He hoped the demogorgon was far away by now, because he couldn't hold back his fear anymore. Will let out an ugly excuse for a sob as he tried to pull against his ropes.

One thing Will remembered about Brad: He was bad at tying his shoes. They always came undone. Thankfully, that meant that his attempt at the ropes came undone much quicker than they were meant to. Will gave a yell of anger as he broke through the restraints and pulled his hands to his sides. When he was free, he could do nothing more than stumble a few feet, where he stared down at the puddle of Brad's blood. His vision blurred at the sight and his knees locked, giving out underneath him. He fell forward, the blood on the carpet now soaking into the legs of his pants. He couldn't see. He couldn't think. Brad was dead. He was killed by a demogorgon right in front of Will. Will sat there for a moment, unable to move. He let his hands rest in the wet blood, gripping the carpet like a lifeline.

Brad is dead. You brought him here and now he's dead. You cheated on him and then he died. He's dead. Brad is dead.

He sat there for many more moments, just sobbing. Not quietly, but an ugly cry infused with a certain level of anguish.

He's dead. He's dead. He's dead.

Will pulled himself together just enough to drag himself across the room and grab the phone on the table with his slippery hands. He punched Mike's number in sloppily and messed it up a couple of times because of his shakiness. On the fourth try, the threw the phone down and sobbed again.