The Death of Kenny.

Content Warning—Emetophobia/Vomit, hospitals, death

first POV chapter~☆
Kenny's POV;

I lay half-awake in my hospital bed. I had been in my Mysterion costume, running home, when I felt I couldn't breathe and then soon passed out.

I've been coughing more and more.

More flowers and more blood.

It's hard to breathe all the time but the hospital just treats it like asthma.

I put the inhaler to my mouth and take the oxgen in each puff.

I put it back.

It doesn't work. How does an inhaler work if there's flowers blocking the way to my lungs?

I start to cough, but then inhale, and start choking. I start to try and cough up the flower again, but gag and throw up.

Ohhh fuck.

I can't breathe. I can't fucking breathe. I cough.
Flowers come out, but I still can't breathe.

It tastes sickly.
I feel sick.

I end up vomiting again.
Blood mixes with my stomach acid. Ew.

I scramble to pick up a piece of paper and a pen that I had brought in case I died.

It's under my pillow, and I rush to write.

I have no plan on what to write, all I know is that I'm writing to Karen and Butters, the best people I've ever known. The ones who deserve a goodbye.

I read it over once;

This is a letter to the people who deserve it most.
Karen and Butters.

This isn't a suicide letter, as much as that made it sound like it.

It's that I'm sick. I know damn well I'm gonna die.

To Karen,
I want you to know I would've done anything to protect you. I wish you nothing less than perfection in your life. You're the best person I've ever met. I'm surprised I love you so much, as most siblings hate each-other.
I'm sorry that Mysterion has come to check on me rather than you. I guess you won't see him anymore, unless I come back like always.

And to Butters,
I love you so much. You're perfect. I don't want anyone LIKE you, I want YOU. God, you're beautiful. My heart aches when I'm near you. Also my throat... I think I should tell you the truth.
I was sick with a disease known as Hanahakakii, or whatever. Hanahaki. I loved you and yet you failed to love me back. I don't blame you. You're just a little dumb. Also, I know that you were Leah. I'm not stupid. I know your face.

—Kenny McCormick

Good. Perfect.
I start to cough again.
Flowers fall out of my mouth yet my breathing never seems to be able to begin.

I drop the paper onto the floor.

No nurses are in my room right now. I'm going to die.

Hey, at least I had (well, underage) sex that one time after the whole purity ring thing.

I died though. Heh.

I start to feel the pain in my chest as I struggle to breathe.

I feel my consciousness fade away.

I have no pulse. I'm dead.

And then a nurse comes in. Great timing, bitch. I'd call you a hooker but hookers are hot.

Maybe I should've called Butters a hooker? Wait, no, he'd take it as an insult.

I float away into the sky, watching my corpse be shaken by the desperate nurse.

She presses a buzzer.
"Room 12, sector B, floor 2, Death."
She says. I think.

I can't see anymore after I get a certain distance away.

Oh shit, I'm having a 'Leah' scene—
~☆
Little boy at peace, what is this place beyond the stars?

Open up your eyes, what are these things you're moving toward?

Head so full of wonder
Worries in the past
Could it be that you are free at last?

N— Wait, wait... yep! You're in!
~☆

"Huh? Aren't I supposed to go to Hell? Like, with uh... Hell isn't good? I-I mean, Jesus once called me a prostitute."
I say.

"Uhh, no? That's Bigger, Longer, Uncut. It's the movie for the intergalactic reality show, Earth."
God says.

"Ohh, okay."
I nod.

The boob-shaped gates open and I enter heaven. My wings are pretty soft, y'know!

From Earth, I hear a voice.
It sounds like Butters.

And it's all my fault that he's gone.

It's all your fault, Butters. You're stupid.

He probably despises you now.

He's thinking. And he thinks it's his fault.

I try to get through to him.

"Hey, Bunny, don't say that about yourself."
I speak.
I hope he hears me.