Best Friend's Girl

{Sorry I haven't been as active guys. I'm also in another fandom that totally drags time out of my life and I've been really busy this summer so far but I'm putting time aside to continue on with the fan fictions. Sorry for taking so long it's kinda long}

Robbie's POV: I walked onto the field. I closed my eyes for a second and let the warm sun and grass smell sink in. I loved the smell of the football (American kind) field. When I finally opened my eyes, I spotted Josh, the star kicker on the team, calling me over. I walked over to him and started to begin the pre-practice warm ups. "So how's your relationship going..." I ask Josh nonchalantly. He didn't see anything wrong with the question given we are best friends and tell each other everything. "Great man. I'm planning on getting some real soon." He answers continuing to stretch. "Um...getting some?" I ask out of fear that he actually just said that. "Yep. She's totally into me" he answers and I literally feel my heart shatter into pieces as the coach blows the whistle and we fall into formation. "All right so here's the play..." Is all I hear before I completely go into my football zone.
~~~~~~~
I feel the ball land between my fingers and instantly continue my downfield sprint. I look up at the practice clock and see I've got about 5 seconds to enter the end-zone. I pick up my pace if that were even possible and score a touchdown by the time the clock hits 0:00. All I hear are the cheers of my teammates as I make my way back to them. High-fives and back slaps are received but none of that matters the second I lay eyes on her. My rapid breathing instantly slows and I'm almost caught in a trance of subtly watching her make her way to the field. I feel another slap added to my back and turn around to quickly give them a smile. I turn my head over my shoulder and see Josh pinning Y/N against the wall, swapping spit as his hand gets awfully high on her thigh. "Gross PDA much?" I mumble under my breath, but I can't bear it anymore. I instantly file my way out of the group of guys and into the locker room, quickly taking off my shirt and throwing it into my locker in anger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your POV: Josh is a great guy an all, but not the sharpest tool in the shed if you know what I mean. The guy totally thinks he's subtle about wanting to get lucky and the fact that he thinks I'm easy, but he's completely blind. I wouldn't sleep with him....ever. He asked me out, I said yes, he's kind and funny, and that's how far as this relationship gets. We are a high school couple who like each other. That's it. Although he hasn't seemed to have gotten the memo because he started trying to make a move on me yesterday after his practice, but the second after his hand rested on my thigh, I moved it away. He thinks I'm completely in love with him, and I mean I do like him a lot, but I'm not IN LOVE with him. I'm in love with his best friend, and I know how cliche it sounds. The whole 'oh we've known each other our whole lives and now I'm dating the person closest to you because they like me but I like you fiasco'...that's my life. I inwardly groan as the school bell rings signaling gym for me. I walk through the halls at a fast pace. I quickly get to the locker room and change into my gym clothes. I walk into the gym and my eyes instantly land on Robbie. I'm instantly self-conscious in my gym clothes and try to make myself look somewhat more appealing. I end up making a fool of myself by tripping and landing on my face in attempt to fix my hair. I get up hoping the I'm spared the embarrassment of someone seeing that, and just my luck when I look up to find Robbie smiling at me, and our school's mean girl Chantalle laughing her ass off at my expense. I make it to the center where the coach is giving instructions. "Damn it! There is an odd number!...Y/L/N?! You'll be paired with Robbie. Thank god he volunteered to help me with this lesson." The coach says chuckling, and he continues giving people partners for whatever it is we are doing. I gulp as anxiety fills me at the thought of having to fail a work out in front of my crush...who happens to be the Quarterback....and who's my boyfriend's best friend. I sigh and make my way over to Robbie. "So what are we doing? I missed the lecture." I whisper to him. He chuckles and explains that we are working on basketball, blocking to be exact. Great, I'm short on top of all of this. I look up and meet his eyes and feel my heart snap in two at how much I want to be with him and can't. He stares back, but I cut the staring contest short when I ask, "what do you intend to do about the height difference?" He looks me up and down assessing my height before he shrugs. "I'll play crouched down." "You're an idiot." I say laughing. "Nope. I know for a fact I got a better score than you on that history exam today, and that Algebra II one, and..." He says with a grin. "Ok ok, I got it. Just because you scored one point more on each test than I did doesn't make you better than me." I say sassily. "Oh ya? Well I'm still better than you at this--" he says and steals the ball and instantly shoots it in the nearest net. I groan at how difficult it's going to be to block the chances of scoring when I'm against him, but he just laughs. At this point everyone else is beginning to shoot at different baskets trying to block their opponent. I look at Robbie and he raises his eyebrow. Damn his eyebrow muscles for making me weak in the knees. I run up and attempt to steal the ball but he just hold it over his head grinning like an idiot. I stand looking up at him and it, arms crossed. "Y/L/N! KAY! GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER! WE HAVE BASKETBALL TO PRACTICE!" The coach yells and Robbie instantly responds while continuing to look at me, "Got it coach!" And he expertly makes another basket still grinning like an idiot.
~~~~~~~~~
"So basically you got paired up with the hardest opponent and made a fool of yourself?" My best friend asked quietly at lunch. "No. Not just any hard opponent...Robbie." I say looking down. "Oh, no shit" I hear her whisper erupting in a slight fit of giggles. I look at her and continue to eat my lunch as the other girls continue their own small talk at the table. "Oops" I hear and instantly feel a cold liquid substance sliding down my back. "No way." I whisper, angry at this point. I stand up and turn around to face Chantalle, faking innocence. "What's your problem? Huh? You think you can just mess with any other girl who's equally popular to you? What, do you make it your dream to ruin everyone else's lives by playing social hardball? Well guess what, reality check, no one even likes you anymore because you do this shit so often so just quit it ok!" I somewhat yell and I hear literally the entire cafeteria erupt in clapping, including the lunch ladies. This makes Chantalle extremely pissed, I can tell. "Don't touch Robbie again, got it? He's my future football boyfriend ok? You already have yours" she whispers in my ear before walking out of the cafeteria, me heading towards the opposite exit. I make it to the hall before I hear "Hey Y/N?! Um so like...I was um thinking...because you are obviously not interested in sleeping with me, I think we should break up." Josh says. "Really?! You're going to say that now? After what just happened in there?!" I yell at him. "Um ya, its just that Chantalle agreed she'd have sex with me when we were playing a game of truth or dare earlier when she chose truth, and I realized she'd be easier to bang so like..." He said. "Ok. Ok. I don't need to know the details please." I say as tears begin to come to my eyes. I turn around before he can see them and make my way to the nurse. I give her my sob story and her being a fellow girl she wrote me a sick slip. I thanked her and headed out into the now overcast parking lot. So basically it's official now. No guy would ever actually want to be with ME. They may think I'm hot or cool or just nothing at all, but they'll never want to be with me for who I am. I let the tears slide down my cheeks as I get into my car and let anger fill me at the thought of what Chantalle did to me in one day. She caused my boyfriend to cheat on me and be open with it, and attempted to humiliate me in front of the entire school. I start the car and make my way home, the sound of the rain now pouring against the windshield. The rain is nearly blinding as I make my way home. Thankfully I pull into my driveway without getting into an accident and sprint through the rain towards the front door. Once I'm safely inside and alone given my parents are still at work, I make my way to my room and change into some sweatpants, a band tshirt, and put my hair in a messy bun. I make my way out of my room and into the kitchen, and open the freezer to reveal my cookie dough ice cream I have for moments like this. I take it out and shut the freezer, making my way to the couch and turning on Netflix.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robbie's POV: When school was out, I was surprised not to see Y/N mingling amongst the other countless amount of students beginning to file out of the building. I begin to head to my bike when I see Josh. I begin to approach him in hopes of possibly inviting him over to hang out at my house when I seen him pressing a girl up against the wall. My heart cracks at the thought of seeing Y/N in that position with him again and I was about to turn away when I see him move his head to her neck, showing her true identity. Chantalle. I walk up demanding to know what his problem was. There is no viable excuse for tossing a girl like Y/N into the dust. "Just an easier bang that's all" was all that came out of his mouth in between the scarring moans that were coming from Chantalle. Before I knew what I was doing, I had punched Josh square in the jaw at an unbelievable level of strength. He tumbled to the ground and looked up at me, pissed and horrified at the same time. "What the hell was that for?!" He asked. "You cheated on Y/N. No girl deserves that. Especially not my girl." I said before the words had time to process. "You're girl?" He said cruelly. "You mean the girl who you saw me make out with, touch, and love on, yet still wouldn't let me fuck her? You know what I get it now. It's you. It's always been you. I coulda banged the hottest girl by now but of course you had to go and use her behind my back. She cheated on me with you." He spat at me. "That's not what happened asshole. I'm in love with her, moron. She doesn't know it, but I'm sticking up for her now. She didn't want you to make love to her on her own terms." I said back. "You know what? Your such a-" he said, beginning to launch at me, but a quick kick to his crotch sent him back to the grass. "Ohhh my gawd that was so hot! Wanna go somewhere more private?" Chantalle said grabbing a hold of my collar. "Not with a whore like you." I stated and 'oooohs' erupted from the kids who had been watching. "Where's Y/N" I asked as I spotted Y/N's best friend amongst the crowd, filming the endeavor. "Uh...she went home I think..." She said, obviously shocked at what had gone down. "Don't let her see the video until after I get there. Give me half an hour!" I stated. She nodded, and I ran towards my bike and began riding to Y/N's house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your POV: I was laying on the couch unmoved since I had gotten home. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and saw a message from Y/BFF/N.

Y/BFF/N: "you need to watch this. <video attachment>

You: "what?"

Y/BFF/N: "just watch it."

I sat up and walked up the stairs to my bedroom and sat down on the bed, the rain still pouring outside. I clicked on the video to see Robbie standing over Josh on the ground. "You cheated on Y/N. No girl deserves that. Especially not my girl" then it was a back and forth argument until Robbie put Josh in his place. I could feel my heart swell with every word that left Robbie's mouth. He loves me? I wanted to see him. I wanted to confirm that this was real. *thump* What the... *thump* I walked over to my window and pulled it up, the smell of rain filling the air. "Robbie?" I ask down to the brunette boy soaked in rain. "Can I come in?" He called up. "Why didnt you try the doorbell?" I asked. "Didn't want your parents to see me in such bad shape" he said with a smile. He knew our parents were good friends and that if my parents saw him like this they'd treat him like a sick child following up with a parental call. "You know this is the first time I've had to talk UP to you." He said laughing. "Oh ya real funny Kay. Get in here." I said and left the windowsill and headed to unlock the door. I opened the door to be met with Robbie. "Are your parents here?" He whispered. "No. Do you think I would have let you in if the were?" I asked. "Good." He said walking past me into my house. "Because I wanna tell you something..." "I know." I said cutting him off "I saw the video." I said with a smile. He blushed and hid his face in his hands. "I told her to wait longer to send it. She obviously can't tell time" he groaned. I giggled and he looked up. "You know, I love you too right Robbie?" His eyes grew wide and his mouth hung open slightly in amazement. "You do??" He said astonished. "Yep and not for your popularity or for your sports status and not for your idiotic humor that gets you nowhere..." "HEY! My Humor is Hilarious!" He said cutting me off. "BUUUUT because I love you for you idiot." I said smiling. "I think I established that I am not the idiot here. Remember the test scores..." "Robbie shut up!" I say giggling slightly. "And I love you for you, even when you hate on my jokes" he says with a pout. And then...I felt a warmth press against my lips and spread throughout my body. And I instantly kissed back.