Parents...

"Y/N, what do I wear?!" Robbie asked, as he paced back and forth in front of his closet. His hands pulled at his hair as he turned to look at me. "Are they going to like me?" Robbie asked, and I smiled at the question. "Of course they will. If I love you, then so will they." I said, as I stood up and wrapped my arms around his torso to hug him tightly. I felt him exhale deeply in relief, and then he pulled away. "Why do you have to be so perfect?" He mumbled breathlessly. "Because you're perfect, and you shouldn't be dating anyone less." I said cheekily, and Robbie grinned widely in response before rushing to find his clothes of choice. "Go with the blue tie! It's my favorite!" I called after him as he disappeared into his walk-in closet. "Which blue one?" He yelled back. "The one I picked out for you on your birthday!" I replied. After the shuffling noises in the closet ceased, Robbie popped out in a dress shirt and the blue tie, alongside his gray dress pants and shiny black shoes. "You look amazing, baby." I told him with a smile. I walked up to him and placed a light kiss on his lips. "You look incredible in your dress by the way. You look absolutely beautiful." Robbie whispered, and I blushed in response. "We should get going. We don't want to be late to dinner." I said softly, and Robbie nodded before grabbing his keys and taking me out to his car. We drove to the restaurant, and I noticed as Robbie tapped his fingers on the steering wheel nervously. I squeezed his hand reassuringly, and he seemed to relax slightly. We both exited the car and walked into the restaurant. I saw my mom at a table across the room, and she waved excitedly at us. Robbie saw her and smiled back with a small wave. He gently guided me towards the table and pulled the chair out for me so that I could sit down. "It's very nice to finally meet you Robbie. I've heard such amazing things about you!" My mom exclaimed, as she stood up and hugged him kindly. "It's very nice to meet you Mrs. (Y/L/N). It's great to meet you too Mr. (Y/L/N)." Robbie said politely, as he shook my father's hand. As the dinner wore on, it was more and more evident that my parents absolutely loved Robbie, and he continued to grow more and more confident and comfortable around them. I smiled to myself because the most important people in my life were all getting along, and the fact that my parents approved of Robbie made it that much better. I wasn't worried about their approval however, because who doesn't love Robbie Kay?