Actions & Consequences pt.6 [fin]

TW: Assault

I scrub at my skin in the scorching hot bath that I have made.
Being that Bill and I agreed on meeting in 20 short minutes, I don't have time for this water to cool down... and honestly, I'd like to think of this hot water is scrubbing away the trauma of my mother Josephine.

My 20 minutes begin to run out and I surely don't want to keep Bill waiting..

I pack some hidden cash that I've been secretly stashing in my jewelry box, along with a little bit of clothes and whatever else that can fit inside my very tiny backpack

Before I leave my room, I look back in a way of saying goodbye..
This is it.

There's so much here that I don't want to leave behind..

Especially Tessa, Father's handmade vanity, and the painting of me that Bill only just finished
today.

I dream of hanging it up in our new place, wherever it may be.. And I know that by leaving it here, my insane mother will absolutely break it to pieces.
I shake the discouraging thoughts from my mind.. Because if I don't do this now, I'll probably never get the chance to do it again.

It's time.

I quietly escape the house and meet Bill outside.
Dressed without time to let his wet hair dry, he waits patiently.

He's parked two bicycles on the side of the house and awaits my arrival.

Bill packs only the essentials as well, clothes, clean bandaging for his arm, his dogtags, and I'm almost positive his gun.

"You ready kiddo?" He comforts me with slight humor.

"More than ever." I assure.

On our bicycles, Bill and I fly off of the Davis residence and down the road.

I don't even bother to look back at the house.
It's in the past now.

Bill almost crashes as much as he stares at me..

I know that he's making sure I don't become sick again and end up falling off the bike.

But I won't get sick again..
I feel great! And I feel free.
All thanks to him.

I soar down the hills and kick my feet out as my speed and weight cut through the strong wind..

"Woohoo!" I sing in enjoyment.