Chapter 1

"Y/N, Y/N, that girl from your bio class is calling you!" Hayes yelled from outside of the pool.

I looked up and gasped. I immediately lost my train of thought. My skateboard flew from beneath me, and I fell forwards into the bottom of the bare pool.

"Dumbass!" I heard Atticus yell.

I slowly turned my body over onto my back. I stood up and grabbed my board. I limped over to the direction of my friends. I walked up the steps and got out of the pool.

"You missed the call." Cullen said.

"No fucking shit. I'm pretty sure I'm also missing a tooth. A phone call is the least of my worries." I said.

"But the phone call is from a girl. A girl! This is huge for you!" Hayes said.

"What's so special? I'm also a girl. Who cares if a girl calls me?" I said.

"You need to care. You're fifteen and bitchless. This is a tragedy." Hayes said.

"So is Atticus." I said.

"Because I'm waiting for my wife!" Atticus said.

"Your pizza's he- oh my God. Dad is gonna kill you and your freak friends, Addie." Atticus' sister, Lauren, said as she walked out of their house and into the backyard.

"I'm gonna refill the pool before he gets home." Atticus said.

"That is so dumb." She said.

"You're fucking dumb." He said.

"No, you aren't. You're actually the most beautiful girl in the world." Hayes smiled at her.

"Atticus, you and your stupid fucking friends need to get inside now." Lauren said walking back in the house.

"I'm not stupid." I mumbled.

"Yeah, alright." Cullen said putting his arm over my shoulder.

I dropped my skateboard in the grass. The four of us walked into Atticus' house. There was pizza on the kitchen island.

"Did you get olives on it?" Hayes whined.

"I'm walking home if there are olives on it." I said.

"Hello, nerds!" Ariana said popping up from behind the island.

We all yelled and grabbed each other.

"Ariana!" I yelled.

Ariana Grande Butera was my best friend in the whole world. We met the first day of preschool. Our last names both started with 'Bu', so we were forced to sit beside each other. After about a week, we became inseparable.

Over the past year, Ariana had been in New York practicing and performing in the Broadway musical '13'. It was the hardest time of my life. The two of us had never been apart for that long.

And it didn't help that I was in love with her.

"Bucky, what the fuck did you do to your face?" Ariana asked walking over to me.

"Bucky! Oh, Bucky! Why don't you just fucking marry her?" Hayes said to Ariana.

She flipped him off.

"Why are there holes in your face?" She asked.

"I had to take my piercings out while I was skating. I also got a few piercings." I said.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" Ariana yelled.

"Are you referring to the eyebrow piercing or the lip one or the tongue one?" I asked.