Chapter 17

"Hi, I'm here to meet someone." I told the hostess.

"Is it Ariana Grande?" She asked.

"Yeah, it is." I nodded.

"Right this way." She said.

I followed the woman to the sitting area. Ariana was sitting on her phone.

"Thank you." I said to the hostess as she walked off.

Ariana looked up at the sound of my voice. She gave me a big smile when she saw me.

"I was scared you weren't coming." She said.

"Sorry, work took a little long." I said as I sat down.

"No, no! You're totally okay. I completely understand." She said.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Y/N, I just need to start off by saying that I am so fucking sorry. Like I know that sorry does nothing. It can't turn back time, it can't make things better, it can't change how you view me. I know that. I just need you to know that what I did to you is my biggest regret. I mean I think about you everyday. Every single day. But I had no idea that Christian had done those things. I would have done anything to get back home if I had known. And I know he only did that because of what I said, and I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Ariana blurted out.

"Okay." Was all I said.

I knew she was being honest.

"Y/N, I need you to trust me when I say I wish I had the maturity I have now because I would have handled everything so differently then. I had this fucked up way of thinking. I'm so embarrassed now. I'm so fucking embarrassed." She said.

"I get it." I said.

"No you don't get it. And I'm word vomiting right now which isn't cool at all. I've always thought about what I would say when I apologized, but I never thought that things turned out the way they did for you. I wish I could have done everything different. Literally every fucking thing, Y/N. What I did is probably the worst thing I've ever done in my entire life. I'm so sorry. I could never tell you how sorry I was." Ariana said.

"Okay." I said.

"I'm just really sorry." She said quietly.

I looked around awkwardly.

"So where's your friend?" I asked her.

"Victoria?" She asked.

"Yeah, the one that tried to flirt with me in a hospital bed." I nodded.

"She's at the house with Mom and Nonna." Ariana said.

I smiled at the thought of the older women.

"How are they?" I asked.

"They're amazing. Absolutely incredible." Ariana said.

"I'm glad." I said.

Ariana broke into a smile as she looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I just find it funny that you finally wear belts." She said.

I laughed.

"Didn't start until I became a firefighter. I just became used to my pants being wrapped around my fucking hips. Now I look fucking lame." I said.

"Don't be mad but I kinda like the shoelace belt better." Ariana said shyly.

"No fucking way. You complained for years about that! Now you like it better?" I said.

"I think it's because I'm used to seeing you like that. With your little Polo boxers showing and everything." She said.