Chapter 3

"Joan Grande, where are you?" I asked.

"Leave!" I heard from the kitchen.

I walked to where the voice came from. Joan was at the sink washing dishes.

"What's up?" I asked.

"What do you want? Ariana is at Christian's." Joan said.

I showed her my check. 

"Five thousand dollars from Vans." I said.

She screamed and covered her mouth.

"For what?" Joan asked.

"Remember when you said skateboarding was so stupid?" I asked.

She laughed and ran over to me. She hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

"I'm so proud of you." She said.

"Yeah, yeah. So I'm taking you and Ari out to dinner tonight with my mom." I said.

"Awe that's so sweet." She said pulling away from me.

"Why is Ariana at Christian's? Demand that she comes home." I said.

Joan walked back to the sink to continue washing dishes.

"I can't just demand that she comes home. Trust me, I would if I could." She said.

"How does she not hate him? There's nothing in his head. Like it's probably water in there." I said.

"I tried telling her that. But I'm not sure I even want her with you anymore since you got that stupid tattoo." Joan said.

"Getting two more today." I smiled.

She put her hand on her hip.

"Are you fucking with me?" Joan asked.

"I'm getting the Celtic shield knot on my right arm and the solar cross on my left arm." I said pointing to the side of my arm right below my shoulder.

"What am I gonna do with you?" Joan asked.

"Continue to love me?" I asked.

"Yeah we'll see." She said.

"Come on. Would you rather Ariana be with a fucking douche all day or someone who just happens to like tattoos?" I said.

"You know the answer to that, but unfortunately I have to deal with Christian right now. Do you know that when he came to pick her up today he didn't get out of the car to speak to me? He didn't even open the car door for her!" Joan said.

"What a fucking bitch." I said. 

"Yeah, but I don't even wanna think about him. It makes me sick. Ew." Joan said.

"Me too." I nodded.

———
Ariana's Point of View

"Babe, I don't see the big deal. I love you. You love me. We need to consummate our love."
Christian said.

"You only consummate your love when you get married. And who taught you that word?" I said.

"I'm just saying it's been over a year since we started dating. I love you, but I wanna do more than just fucking hand stuff." He said.

Before I could say anything, my phone played 'My Love' by Justin Timberlake. I grabbed it and flipped it open immediately. I knew it was Y/N. I held my finger out to Christian as I answer the phone and put it to my ear.

"Come around the corner." She said.

"Okay." I said as I hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Christian asked.