Chapter 6

"Fucking hate Sadie Hawkins dances." Atticus said.

"You only feel that way because you don't get asked." I said.

"That's a valid reason to hate it." He said.

"Pretty valid." Hayes said. "I've gotten asked like four times just today. I don't know who I'm gonna take."

"Shut the fuck up." Cullen complained. "Not all of us have that opportunity."

"Okay, Y/N is the lucky one. She gets to ask someone." Hayes said.

"Nobody to ask." I said.

I looked over at Adrienne's lunch table. She was eating and laughing with her friends.

"Dude, you gotta be the one to talk to her. Do something big to apologize. Literally anything is better than you watching her everyday like some creep." Cullen said.

I looked at him.

"It's not that easy. I fucked up. She was patient with me, and I ruined everything." I said.

"No you didn't. You weren't even dating. How mad could she be?" Hayes said.

"You'll never have a wife." Atticus said.

"You can't even get a girlfriend." Hayes said as he flicked Addie.

I thought about what Cullen said. I did want to apologize. I was in the wrong one thousand percent. I needed her to know that Ari and I were just friends who made a mistake.

I stood up.

"Woah, what are you doing?" Atticus asked.

I waved him off.

I walked over to the senior section and went up to Adrienne. I tapped her on the shoulder. She smiled as she turned around. Her smile faltered when she saw me.

"Please go to dinner with me tonight. I'll take you to Trattoria Romana. I know you love that place. I'll dress nice, I won't smoke before I go, I'll even get a a car to drive. Please say yes." I said.

"No." Adrienne said before turning around.

"Please." I said.

"Go away." She told me.

"Okay. Sorry for interrupting." I said.

She didn't respond. I turned around and walked back to my table. I sat down.

"So?" Hayes asked.

"She said no." I said.

"Could have seen that coming." Atticus said.

"Hey, hey." Ariana said as she sat down beside me.

"Hey." We all said.

"Bucky, you wanna go to dinner at my grandparents tonight?" Ariana asked.

"Yeah, that's cool." I nodded.

"You okay?" She asked.

I gave her a small smile.

"I'm good." I said.

———

"Hi, Y/N!" Grandpa said when he saw me.

"Francesco, you don't look a day over forty, old man." I told him.

I hugged him before walking into the house.

"I heard that you made it on the cover of a magazine!" He said excitedly.

"Yes, I did! I also heard that Joan has you trapped at the company building. Every time I ask Nonna where you are, you're at work. Blink twice if Joan locks you in there every night." I said.