Chapter 14

"Hi, is Cullen in?" I asked the secretary.

"He is, but you need an app-" she started.

"Thank you." I said walking past her.

I opened the door with his name on it. The boy I once knew was now a man in a suit and tie with his hair slicked back. But he still had that kind face.

Cullen threw his tech deck off his desk and cleared his throat. He looked up at me. His jaw dropped.

"Ariana?" He asked.

"Cullen, it's so good to-"

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm here to go to a wedding. But Y/N saved me from a fire the other night. I asked to see her-"

"And she went. Yeah, we were at the hospital too. Atticus and Jasmine had their baby." He said.

I could feel a lump form in my throat. I bit down on my bottom lip and smiled.

"Atticus finally got his wife?" I asked.

"Yeah, lovely girl." He said.

"Is she nice to him? Does she let him go on his rants about the brain?" I asked.

Cullen laughed dryly at my question.

"Why does it matter to you? What could you possibly want?" He asked.

"I just...I need to make things right with Y/N. With all of you really. I know how I left was fucked up. I know it was. But that's not who I am." I said.

"That's not who you are? That's exactly who you are. You got rid of us." Cullen said.

"I...what I did to Y/N was inexcusable, but I never planned to block you and the boys. I thought that maybe you guys could just update me on her so Christian wouldn't find out or-"

"Get out!" He said.

"No it's not like that. He asked me to block her because-"

"Because you told him that Y/N was in love with you and forced you to kiss her, right?" He said.

I shifted my weight between legs.

"How- how do you know that?" I asked.

"Oh your boyfriend never told you what he did after that?" Cullen asked.

"No." I said quietly.

Cullen stood up and walked in front of his desk. He hopped on his desk and sat down.

"He announced your lie to the entire cafeteria with everyone in it and also told everyone she had a dick." He said.

I stepped back from him.

"No, no he didn't. He never told me that." I said.

"I'm not done, Ariana. Because after his announcement he had Benny and Flaco hold her down while Riley and Quincy held Hayes down so he could beat her ass in front of everyone. But of course Atticus and I jumped in to save her. We got our asses beat in the process. Hayes broke Riley's knee and ruined his career then he broke Christian's nose but not before Christian knocked his tooth out. Atticus and I both had concussions, Hayes walked around without a front tooth for months, and Y/N had a few bruised ribs and a broken ankle from getting stomped out by Christian." Cullen said.

"I had no idea. I swear I didn't know. I would have broke up with him imm-"

"I'm not done!" He yelled.

"How much worse could it get?" Victoria asked.

Cullen smiled at her.

"Well Hayes and Y/N got their scholarships revoked, expelled from school, and the football boys sued the both of them. Of course Atticus and I were fine, but those two were not. So they had to go to a public school in Fort Lauderdale, but who could take them to Fort Lauderdale five times a week and pick them up? Not the one functioning parent between the two of them because Lisa had to work at five in the morning. So their last resort was asking Georgie for a fucking ride for two years who only let them ride in exchange for selling drugs for him. That was your worst nightmare, Ari? Wasn't it? You were terrified that Y/N would end up like her cousin?" Cullen said.