006

In the morning, Qiana had to get Mel up and out of bed as she usually does. He got dressed, she tied his tie, and the two kissed goodbye when Mel had to leave for work. He was extatic, to say the least, to finally deliver his discovery and proposal.

Once he clocked in, he rushed straight to his office to download the bear minimum of a simulation onto his glasses. He expected his boss, Mr. Adaway, to come here to see what Mel had in store, but he figured it'd be safe to have something to be able to show him incase he's not immedietly able to, or sceptical of him.

However, as Mel loaded up his system, he noticed another marker was left. The same system, the same unnamed planet, the same empty note. Didn't he delete this yesterday?

He cleared the note once more and turned his attention back to downloading, but let the planet dwell in the back of his mind. This planet wasn't a coincidence, right? No one's allowed into his office, or even has the access inside, so it couldn't be a prank. If it was a glitch, why would it target the same planet twice? There's millions of planets in the Milky Way! The only thing that seemed sensible was Mel forgot to actually delete it, but he swore he did.

Someone must be trying to tell him something. Possibly even Spode. Mel started to slow in his work as he fell deeper into thought. Spode has been giving him a lot of messages lately if it's truely the case. He can't decide if he should be worried or not.

What is he missing?

All Mel knew for certain was something big had to be coming his way. Something he didn't know yet. It picked at his brain how he couldn't figure out what he was supposed to be seeing.

What's this bigger picture?

His glasses suddenly notified him that the download had completed, snapping him out of his thoughts. This would have to wait for later.

He giddily left his office and rushed down the hallway to his boss's office. He didn't make it to the elevator before he noticed Mr. Adaway walking down a separate hallway, surrounded by a couple of other scientists. The three were walking and talking together.

Mel couldn't hide his excitement as a large smile stretched his face. He rushes to the stairs and jumps down the flight.

"Mr. Adaway!" He called after, running to catch up with him. "Mr. Adaway!"

"Dr. Yazzie," he simply returns. Mel runs to his side before slowing down to a brisk walk. His boss didn't slow his pace any. He was intent on getting to his destination regardless of what Mel had to say.

But before Mel could make his announcement, Mr. Adaway noticed Mel's labcoat and cut him off. "What did I tell you about your patches?" He asks.

Mel glances down at his labcoat to see what he was talking about. On his left pocket, he has a patch of an eyeball stitched onto his coat. It's another one of the dresscodes he purposefully breaks. Mel sheepishly fixes the collar of his labcoat so the patch is slightly covered. He couldn't believe with his excitement, he forgot to instead wear his plain labcoat to meet the boss in.

He clears his throat before speaking. "Sorry, I must have grabbed my old one without realising. I'll change it out in a minute," he lies. "But, Mr. Adaway, I have an amazing discovery to show you!"

"Another one? Which is this?"

Mel painted the scene with his hands as he spoke. "Deep in the Keiper Belt, we have a wormhole!"

The corners of his mouth twitched. "A wormhole?" He asks, amusement lingering in his voice. While he stayed composed, his colleagues weren't able to just as well and started chuckling between each other.