017

The Imperial started to minallically giggle. "I'm surprised with how loud he is, you haven't already noticed that he's right here with us," she laughs.

A firey static shot through Mel's left arm, up to his elbow. He couldn't feel his left arm anymore, but he knew it would be in terrible pain if he could. He had to further his injury by landing on it just now.

Mel arches his back the best he could to relieve some of the pressure on his hands, but between the rope and his hands being cuffed, he couldn't move his hands anywhere to keep from hurting his wrist anymore.

Suddenly, Imperial Xia stood above him, her drone following directly behind her. She tilts her camera down to Mel, and with it so did the screen displaying the call. His stomach dropped once he saw who was on the other side.

"Mr. Adaway!" He stammers. He should have known it was his boss!

"Dr. Yazzie!" He shouts back. "The hell are you doing over there to begin with?!"

"I can explain!" He stutters.

"But he won't," the Imperial chimes, stealing the camera back from him.

"Ah- hey! I was talking!" Mel shouts, but it was just for show. For once, Mel was actually glad for the interruption. He didn't have an excuse ready to give Mr. Adaway.

"Put Dr. Yazzie back on," Mr. Adaway demands.

*Please don't,* Mel thinks.

"But he's not apart of this conversation," the Imperial purrs. She turns her back to Mel and slowly strolls back towards the centre of the room. "This is between you and me, Mr. Supervisor."

"Yet it's about me," Mel mutters.

"It's not Supervisor!" Mr. Adaway sighs.

Mel places the flats of his feet against the seat of his chair, then tries to push himself out from the ropes that have him bound, desperate to get off of his hand.

The two continued their conversation, but Mel became too focused on his escape to listen in on what exactly they were saying now. The ropes had him tied tighter than he first anticipated. He wiggled himself under the ropes, trying to loosen their grip on him. But they weren't giving way. Eventually, he started using all of his strength to push himself from the chair.

The chair began to creek. He grew anxious it would break before he would make much progress, but he didn't stop.

Finally, the ropes found a little bit of space, and escape came easy soon after. At first, the ropes came with him, but as Mel reached the edge of the chair, he slipped from them instead.

With his new found freedom, he immedietly turned on his side to relieve his throbbing hand. He lied there for a moment to catch his breath.

Mel looks over his shoulder to the Imperial. She doesn't seem to notice he escaped from his chair. She's too busy looking down the lense of the camera, laughing at Mr. Adaway.

"I'm just saying, he seems worth a little more! We *well* researched him, and I have to say, not everyone has a Wikipedia page."

Mel couldn't help himself from audibly cringing at the mention of his wikipage.

Seeing his oppourtunity, he further attempted his escape. He tried to lift himself up from the ground, but he couldn't seem to find his ballence. He rolled onto his stomach and tried to pick himself up from there. But all he ended up doing was slide himself against the floor.

With how much noise he was making, he's surprised he didn't grab Imperial Xia's attention by now.

Eventually, he ran into one of the walls, and he formed an idea. He rolled his back up against the wall. With a bit of struggle, he managed to sit up. Finally, he used his feet to start sliding himself up against the wall.