Pace Around It Like a Cat

"Jackie."

"I'm so sorry!" she wailed and started frantically wiping her eyes and cheeks. A loud unattractive hiccup made her hide her face into her hands again. "I'm sorry!"

"You have nothing–"

"Stop saying it!" she interrupted him. "Of course I do! I rang you up, bladdered! And then I threw up on you! You had an alcoholic parent, and you were abused! And your mother! And you have sensory sensiti–" The word got jumbled, and she sobbed. "You cleaned my bathroom! It's– sparkling!" She was blubbering, rubbing her eyes, and biting her bottom lip painfully. "And you probably helped me to shower too! My hair is clean! Oh god, I don't– I wish I could crawl in some hole! I wish you could forget–"

"Jackie."

Now he sounded distressed.

"Jackie– Oh for fuck's sake," he barked, grabbed her, and jerked her into him.

Her nose bumped into his warm skin; and she thrashed, pushing away from him.

"I'm snotty!" she yelped. "It's manky, and–"

"Shut up," he growled.

Jackie stilled. He was breathing laboriously, his chest rising sharply; and he wrapped around her tightly and pressed her in.

"Just need a–" He stammered. "A moment."

His thick black chest hair was properly tickling her nose, but she willed herself to stay put.

"I should've said 'please,'" he muttered, without moving; and his palm started stroking her hair. "And sorry. For telling you to shut up. But I–" He hummed low in his throat in frustration. "I don't know how to react. And you aren't letting me explain."

It was surprisingly easy to relax into his hold.

"My nose is running," Jackie indeed sounded nasal. "And you can't just add 'please' to 'shut up.' That's not how politeness works."

There was a pause; and then he released her - and cupped her face. He was probably giving her hamster cheeks, making her face look even rounder. She sniffled, hoping to retract at least some of her mucus.

"Is it a joke?" he asked, furrowing his brows. "It sounds like a joke. Does it mean you're feeling better?"

Jackie snuffled again, just in case.

"No, I still feel horrible."

"But can I answer now?" he asked hurriedly, as if worried she'd start weeping again.

"Answer what?"

"I want to kiss you," he suddenly announced - and then squished her cheeks a couple of times. "And I felt your tits just now. I'm going to get a hard-on."

He let her go and stepped back. Jackie cowardly looked away. The aforementioned physiological reaction of his body was already evidently prominent.

"We need to hang the clothes to dry," Jackie muttered.

"Can we talk first, please?" he asked. "I'm comfortable like this. If you aren't, I can wear something, if you have it in my size, or wrap in a throw."

"It's alright," Jackie lied. "I don't have anything that big. Let's just have coffee."

He nodded, and they headed to the kitchen.

***

He apparently didn't drink coffee, so he told her to sit down and placed a mug in front of her, while he made them porridge. He had asked for her permission, explaining that he had trouble with changes in his routine and diet. She, of course, allowed it.