X#2

Leaving to work the next morning was exceptionally difficult; her head pounding; her body aching after the restless sleep she'd gotten even after all the sex they'd had. Alexander hadn't gone for his usual morning jog, stayed with her, and stroked her hair through a small cry she'd had after waking up. They'd agreed that he'd come to the Old School after closing the shop. He'd also made her promise that she'd immediately call him if anything happened.

She was twitchy and distracted all day; but it ended up being a normal Monday, both at the school, and when it came to phone calls, emails, or texts.

Back home, she changed and put a cottage pie in the oven, cleaned up the house a tad, and was folding the laundry that she'd brought from outside, when she heard Alexander entering his code into the lock.

She rushed to the hall - and came to a sharp stop in front of him. He'd put his overnight bag on the floor and was taking off his jacket.

"Smells nice," he said, lifting his face and sniffing. He then looked at her, and his hands froze on the zipper. "What's up?"

"Um–" She couldn't possibly tell him that she'd just run out to greet him like a good little wife freshly after a honeymoon - and how piercingly happy she felt seeing him in the hall of her cottage. "Nothing. I was–" She vaguely waved behind her. "Putting away some stuff."

He tilted his head in a gesture that she'd previous coined in her mind 'a curious large bird' move.

"Hi."

"Hi," Jackie answered.

"Hi," he repeated, and his jacket dropped on the floor.

"Hi? What–"

"Hi."

He toed off his boots and stalked towards her.

"Alexander?"

"You look like you're glad to see me," he murmured, picked her up, and hoisted her up. "Hi."

"I am." She wrapped around him tightly and laughed.

He was marching to the stairs.

"Hi." His teeth grazed at the muscle between her neck and shoulder.

"Hi..."

He kicked the bedroom door open. She moaned when his body slammed onto hers, pinning her down.

"Alexander..."

"I love it. Say, 'Welcome home' next time."

***

They were still cuddling in bed when she heard the timer.

"Oh bugger!" She extricated herself out of his embrace, rolled off the bed, and grabbed her robe. "That's our tea!"

She heard him chuckling warmly behind her. She glanced, and her cheeks flushed from the view of him lounging in her bed, starkers, one long arm thrown above his head, eyes half-lidded, a lovebite on his collarbone. At least, his lower half was covered, but the picture was simply obscene! She was getting a distinct 'beefcake calendar' vibe from it.

She jumped on the bed, smooched him, and squealed, scampering to escape his grabby hands.

"Our food is burning!" she hollered and dashed out of the bedroom.

While she was faffing around, starting the kettle and finishing up the dressing for their salad, she heard him come down; then the bathroom door banged; and a few minutes later he showed up in the kitchen.

"You aren't particularly fond of shirts, are you?" she asked teasingly, facing him, and took a bite of a cucumber slice.

He moved into her, pressing her back to the table. His fingers wrapped around her wrist, and he led her hand to his lips. He crunched with gusto, Jackie ogled him.