iii ━━━ race

────────────────────────
☄. *. ⋆┊ chapter three

 ⋆┊ chapter three

────────

Inside their tent in Vaes Dothrak, Rhaenys sat with her mother Daenerys, peering through the opening and watching Khal Drogo train Rhaego with an arakh. The sound of clashing blades and Rhaego's excited laughter filled the air.

With a hint of disappointment in her voice, Rhaenys turned to her mother. "Mother, why does Father only train Rhaego and not me?" she asked, her silver hair cascading down her shoulders.

Daenerys smiled gently, understanding her daughter's feelings. "Your father trains Rhaego with the arakh because it's a traditional Dothraki weapon," she explained, her voice soft but reassuring. "But it doesn't mean he doesn't think you are capable."

"But I want to be trained too!" Rhaenys insisted, her eyes determined. "I don't want to be left behind just because I'm a girl."

Daenerys took Rhaenys' hands in hers, looking into her eyes with love and pride. "Being a girl doesn't make you any less strong or capable," she said firmly.

"You can be just as skilled and brave as Rhaego," Daenerys continued. "I promise you that we will find a way for you to learn and grow, just like your brother."

Rhaenys looked up at her mother, her disappointment slowly turning into hope. "Really?" she asked, a small smile forming on her face.

"Really," Daenerys affirmed, her heart swelling with love for her daughter's determination. "You are both my stars, and I want you to shine equally bright."

As Rhaego's training continued outside, Daenerys made a silent promise to herself to find a way to support Rhaenys in her desire to learn and train. She knew that both her children deserved equal opportunities to explore their potential and develop their skills, regardless of traditional expectations.

In the vast plains of Vaes Dothrak, Rhaego and Rhaenys were racing on their horses, their laughter echoing through the air. Rhaego's white female horse galloped gracefully, while Rhaenys's brown male horse matched the pace with determination.

As they raced side by side, their competition grew fierce, each determined to win. But in their excitement, Rhaenys's horse suddenly stumbled, and she was thrown off its back, landing with a thud on the ground.

"Rhaenys!" Rhaego's heart pounded with fear as he quickly pulled the reins of his horse to a halt. He jumped off his horse and ran to his sister's side.

Rhaenys was conscious but disoriented, a slight bleeding cut on her forehead. Tears welled up in Rhaego's eyes as he gently cradled her head in his arms. "Rhaenys, are you alright?!" he cried out, panic taking over.

Khal Drogo and Daenerys, who had been watching from a distance, heard Rhaego's scream for help and rushed to their children's side.

Daenerys knelt beside Rhaenys, checking her injuries with concern. "It's okay, my love," she said, trying to reassure her daughter, "We're here now."

Khal Drogo's expression turned serious as he assessed the situation. "We must get her back to the tent," he said firmly, "I will send for the healer immediately."

With great care, Khal Drogo lifted Rhaenys into his arms, while Daenerys comforted Rhaego, who was still shaken by the accident.

As they hurried back to their tent, Rhaego's arms tightly wrapped around his sister, he couldn't help but blame himself. "It's all my fault," he said tearfully, "I shouldn't have raced so fast."

Daenerys gently wiped away his tears, her voice full of love and understanding. "It was an accident, my brave Rhaego," she said, "You didn't mean for this to happen. We will make sure Rhaenys gets the care she needs."

In their tent, the healer tended to Rhaenys's injuries, assuring everyone that she would be fine with rest and care. Rhaego stayed close to her side, holding her hand tightly as he whispered apologies and promises to protect her.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

a/n: first chapters are just full of the twins childood :))