xi ━━━ tyrion lannister

────────────────────────
☄. *. ⋆┊ chapter eleven

 ⋆┊ chapter eleven

────────

In the great city of Meereen, Daenerys had established herself as a powerful ruler, freeing slaves and building a following of loyal supporters. Her dragons had grown bigger but not yet to their full size, serving as a symbol of her strength. Rhaego and Rhaenys, now ten years old, had come into their own, each pursuing their interests and talents.

Rhaego continued to train with the arakh, his skills honed through dedication and discipline. He had become quite adept at wielding the traditional Dothraki weapon, embodying the fierce warrior spirit that ran in his blood.

Rhaenys, on the other hand, had developed an interest in learning and often spent her time reading in the palace's grand library. She had a natural curiosity and intelligence, much like her mother, and enjoyed expanding her knowledge. Rhaenys had also developed a sense of style, often seen in flowy dresses with hues of baby blue and lavender.

Rhaego, feeling a surge of youthful rebellion, stood near the entrance of the cave where their mother had confined the dragons: Rhaegal and Viserion. The air was thick with a mix of anticipation and caution.

Just as Rhaego was about to venture further, the distinct sound of footsteps on gravel made him start. Rhaenys, dressed in a lavender dress, emerged from the shadows, her eyes narrowing with a mixture of disapproval and concern.

"Rhaego Targaryen, what do you think you're doing?" she scolded

Rhaego, caught off guard, scratched his head, a sheepish grin forming on his face. "Well, you see, I thought you were a dragon. You startled me!"

Rhaenys folded her arms across her chest, her expression unamused. "Really, Rhaego?-you know Mother explicitly forbade us from coming here."

Rhaego, attempting to recover from his lapse in judgment, shrugged casually. "I was just curious. Besides, the dragons won't hurt us, right? I'm practically a dragonlord!"

Rhaenys rolled her eyes, a gesture that mirrored their mother's exasperation at times. "Curiosity killed the cat, or in this case, the dragon. Mother has her reasons for keeping them restrained. We should respect that."

"But what if they're lonely in there? What if they need someone to talk to?" Rhaego protested, his adventurous spirit not easily dampened.

"They're dragons, Rhaego, not your playmates," Rhaenys retorted, "Let's go back before Mother finds out. You know how she can be."

As they walked away from the cave, Rhaenys couldn't help but chuckle. "One day, your sense of adventure is going to get us into real trouble, Rhaego."

He grinned. "But what's life without a bit of adventure, Rhaenys?"

Their footsteps echoed in the stone corridors of the Great Pyramid of Meereen as they passed two unsullied guards.

One of the unsullied guards leaned down slightly to address the twins. "The Queen has requested your presence," he informed them.

Rhaego scratched his neck, looking quite guilty, considering the recent close encounter he had with the dragons in defiance of their mother's strict orders. He gave a faint nod.

Rhaenys, always the one to act professionally and composed in such situations, replied to the unsullied in an equally composed manner. "Of course, we shall attend Her Grace immediately."

The two unsullied guards accompanied the twins as they made their way further into the pyramid, eventually reaching their mother's chamber, where Queen Daenerys awaited.

As the unsullied opened the chamber doors, the twins, Rhaego and Rhaenys, entered, their expressions a mix of curiosity and confusion. Inside, they saw their mother, Daenerys, deep in conversation with a man who was quite different in appearance and size.

Daenerys noticed her children's entrance, her face brightening into a warm smile. The twins approached, still trying to make sense of the situation.

Daenerys decided to introduce her children to the man. She began with a pause, choosing her words carefully. "Rhaego, Rhaenys, I'd like you to meet Lord Tyrion Lannister."

Tyrion Lannister, who had thought Daenerys's children were merely a rumor, was quite surprised to see them in person. He offered a polite nod of greeting, a wry smile playing at his lips.

"It's an honor to meet the future of house Targaryen" Tyrion said with a warm smile,

Rhaego, in his characteristic directness, was more taken aback by Tyrion's unique appearance than his name. He began, "Why do you look-"

Before he could complete his insensitive question, Rhaenys smacked him in the stomach, making him gasp.

Ignoring Rhaego's complaint, she asked with a puzzled expression, "Lannister? As in Lannister Lannister? Like the kingslayer Lannister?"

Tyrion started, "Indeed, though... 'The Imp' is what they call me-my brother Jaime is the 'kingslayer' that you're talking about, the one who killed your Grandfather"

"I see..." said Rhaenys

Rhaego asked, "What happened to you? Why are you... small?"

Rhaenys would facepalm herself.

Daenerys interjected gently, "Rhaego, it's not polite to comment on someone's appearance."

Tyrion chuckled, "No need to worry, my Queen. Curiousity is normal for their age"

"I'm small because I was born this way, my dear boy. It's just how the gods made me." Tyrion added,

Rhaenys, ever the polite one, asked, "Will you be joining us in Mereen, Lord Tyrion? What brings you here?"

Tyrion nodded, "Yes...your mother has graciously offered me a place in her court. I've come to offer my counsel"

Daenerys, appreciating her children's directness, decided to explain. "Tyrion has a wealth of knowledge and experience from the world of Westeros, something that can be valuable in my conquest"

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺