viii ━━━ blood of my blood

────────────────────────
☄. *. ⋆┊ chapter eight

 ⋆┊ chapter eight

────────

Daenerys sat by the twins' bedside, her heart heavy with sorrow, tucking them in with care. Rhaego and Rhaenys, still weak but slowly recovering, looked up at their mother.

Rhaenys broke the silence, her voice soft and uncertain, "Mama, why did the Khalassar leave us?"

Daenerys sighed, her eyes brimming with a mixture of sadness and regret, "They believe that a Khal who cannot ride is no Khal. The Dothraki only follow strength, my love."

Rhaego, looking worried, asked, "Will Father be okay? Is he still strong?"

Daenerys reached out and tenderly stroked his hair. "We have to have faith in him, my son. Your father is a great warrior, and he's enduring his own struggles right now. We must hope for his recovery."

Rhaenys nestled closer to her mother and said, "I'm glad we have you here, Mama."

Tears welled up in Daenerys' eyes as she responded, "My sweet girl. I will protect you both with all my strength and love. We are a family, and families stick together."

The twins felt comforted by their mother's words, and with kisses and soothing lullabies, Daenerys watched as they drifted off to sleep, their worries temporarily put to rest.

As Daenerys knelt beside Khal Drogo's bed, she felt the weight of her despair pressing down on her. She continued to gently dab the cloth on his skin, hoping for any sign of recognition.

"Do you remember our first ride, my sun and stars?" Daenerys murmured, her words tinged with sorrow. "If you are in there, if you haven't gone away, show me."

She paused for a moment, her eyes searching for any sign of recognition in Khal Drogo's face. But he remained unchanged.

"You're a fighter," she said, her voice quivering. "You've always been a fighter. I need you to fight now."

Khal Drogo lay motionless, and the silence of the tent weighed heavily on her. Tears welled up in Daenerys' eyes as she spoke again.

"The children miss you, and I... I cannot keep lying to them," she admitted, her voice cracking. "But I don't want them to be scared... like how scared I am."

As the night passed and the pale light of dawn began to creep into the tent, Daenerys found herself lying beside Khal Drogo, her head resting on his chest. Her tears flowed freely as she gazed at the man she loved but who had been reduced to an empty shell.

"When the sun rises in the west," she said sadly, her voice choked with sorrow, "and sets in the east-then you shall return to me, my sun and stars"

With a heavy heart and tears streaming down her face, Daenerys picked up a cushion, her hand shaking, and gently placed it over Khal Drogo's face. She sobbed uncontrollably as she pressed down, ending her husband's suffering and bringing an agonizing chapter to a close.