Chapter 2 - Summer rain

Song -  The neigbourhood - Reflections 

Finally, the day had come faster than dayeol could ever expect. Dayeol dad insisted that he dress up well for soyeong wedding. He knew about soyeong because she and Ye Beom visited them every holiday they got during college times. Dayeol dad was grateful for them. Dayeol used to coup inside his room studying nonstop when it was holidays from the police academy. At first, he thought it could be because of archery but it was not. He smiled and was doing everything he loved but something felt off about his son. Even if he did not say anything he knew his son well.

"Son, you will be handsomest bachelor there" His father kept on putting clothes on top of the bed choosing which would suit dayeol the best. Dayeol was a bit overwhelmed by his dad but still he was glad to see his dad being happy as always. Dayeols dad packed snacks for him for the flight if any case if he gets hungry. Dayeol insisted that he did not want anything that he could grab something on the way, but he did not want to break his heart, so he put them in his backpack. His suitcase was ready.

Right before he left the house, he hugged his father. His father started crying.

"Dad, why are you crying?"

"It's just I'm just happy."

"Really"

Dayeol did not try to question anything further knowing how emotional his dad can get for even for a small thing, so Dayeol hugged his dad again to reassure him that everything was fine. The sky was still dark. He waited outside until his cab arrived. He stood under a lamp post and seemed quite distracted. Taehyun was in his mind. Dayeol felt scared. His heart was beating fast. He took his phone out at once and opened the messaging app. He stared at the messages Sayeong and Ye beom had sent him in the group chat. He could not let them both down, he thought. Right then the cab pulled over.

Dayeol got on board the early morning flight to Jeju. He took a seat near the window. He watched the plane landing safely with the sky turning bright in the distance. He got up from his seat and got to the front when someone behind him tapped his shoulder. It was girl a beautiful tall girl who was in her mid-twenties. They got out of the plane first because there was a lengthy line behind them.

"Dayeol wondered what this girl wanted from him?" He taught she might be a foreigner asking for directions but for his surprise she did not say anything. She just gave him a piece of paper, winked at him, and left making dayeol flustered.

He opened the piece of paper, and his pupils grew big. It had said call me with a number written on the paper with one small heart next to it. Dayeol was not sure what to do. Dayeol looked very awkward standing somewhere in the middle of the airport with a piece of paper in his hand until his phone started ringing. He looked at his phone. It was Ya beom.

"Dayeol where are you?"

"Are you swimming your way to Jeju" he said it in sassy tone. Dayeol could not help but smile.

He started walking his way to the entrance completely forgetting the piece of paper that he unconsciously shoved into his left pocket in his trousers.

"I am here, getting a cab right now" he said.

"Come quickly" and he quickly cut the call. Dayeol thought it was quite typical thing that ya beom would do. Just Ya beom being Ya beom. When he came to the entrance the rain started pouring heavily. He looked to see whether he could grab a cab in this pouring rain when someone suddenly bumped into him. He turned around to see who it was when dayeol heart  beating fast. Even with the rain he could not hear anything around him. Everything around him disappeared except for the person who was in front of him.

"Jo Taehyun"