Chapter 10 - Nostalgic

Song-  only by lee hi

Dayeol sat at the bench that he and min jung previously sat. He looked up at the sky. The sky was clear today. There has not been any rain since yesterday morning. He felt a bit exhausted after jogging for fifteen minutes so to cool down he sat there. The morning breeze kept on hitting him in the face. It really felt nice, so he closed his eyes to listen to the sounds of nature.

Suddenly he felt a sudden cold touch on his face. Dayeol alert mode got into action and made him go into an immediate fight stance. Dayeol blinked three times trying to realize it was taehyun who was in front of him.

"I'm sorry" taehyun kept on laughing while apologizing repeatedly while dayeol was red as tomato as usual.

After about a full minute of laughing taehyun finally gave the water bottle in his hand to dayeol

"Here"

"I brought it for you."

He sat on the bench looking up at dayeol with his pretty eyes, waiting for dayeol to take a seat too. Dayeol stared at the cool water bottle that taehyun gave to him and right back at him who was tapping the spot where dayeol should sit.

He wondered whether he should take a seat but went against his thought and sat beside taehyun.

Dayeol opened the water bottle and took a sip while taehyun was looking at him with smile on his face. The way dayeol was holding the bottle with both of his hands as if looks like he was holding on to something fragile.

"He is so cute" taehyun thought.

He felt taehyun stare.

"Did you have your breakfast?"

"Yeah, I did" taehyun said while not taking once his eyes away from dayeol.

He felt so shy dayeol drank a gulp of water at once making taehyun surprised.

"Are you okay?"

Dayeol just nodded.

Finally, taehyun turned around to look at the view in front of him. The breeze was hitting his hair. The hair blocked his vision. He pushed his hair back making dayeol gasped because he could not help but think how handsome he was.

Dayeol took a sip again from his water bottle and tried to focus on the pond that was in front of him.

"This reminds me of our school days."

Dayeol looked at taehyun and looked away again.

"Do you remember when we had chocolate milk sitting outside during our break?"

Dayeol remembered clearly like it was yesterday.

"Yeah, I remember"

"Or the time we walked home together after your archery practices."

Dayeol nodded.

"You always complained about it" dayeol said while having a big smile on his face. Taehyun continued speaking more about their school days.

"Or the time I came and sat with you during class."

"You really got us in trouble you know" now dayeol was really laughing. Taehyun gazed at dayeol with so much loving feeling.

"I really missed it."

Dayeol looked at taehyun. He looked serious.

"I really missed everything when you were there dayeol."

They both looked at each other. They were both deeply lost in each other's eyes. It felt as if their surroundings suddenly became slow. Taehyun eyes went to dayeol's lips and could not help but get closer to him. When dayeol realized what was happening dayeol unconsciously closed his eyes anticipating what would happen next.

But their moment quickly ended. They heard a bird screaming loudly near them. Dayeol got up from his seat. It startled him. Taehyun looked away feeling a bit shy. Both felt a bit awkward now.

"Hey guys"

Dayeol looked around to see sa yeong who was coming their way. He felt so happy seeing her right now. She has great timing he thought.

"What are you guys doing here?"

Both were not able to say anything just smiled but taehyun broke the silence.

"We were just thinking of how to push you into the pool."

"Ya jo taehyun"

Sa yeong ran around the bench to catch taehyun but it was no use. He ran away in the opposite direction making weird faces at both. He was long gone.

"He is so annoying."

Dayeol chuckled.

"Dayeol did you have breakfast?"

"No not yet"

"Even I haven't, care to join me and my husband."

"Sure" they both smiled at each other and made their way to the dining hall.

The next half of the day dayeol and taehyun were just spending their time chatting with classmates in the main hall just acting like their usual selves forgetting about what happened last night and today morning like nothing happened but they still were secretly glancing at each other.

The time had already flown by so fast that it was already time for the pool party. They left to their accommodation area but sa yeong told dayeol to come back to the main hall because of an emergency but which she did not say anything. Taehyun was oblivious to it because he was talking with ye beom.

Dayeol went around looking for sa yeong. When he suddenly taken away by sa yeong's staff into a room. Dayeol freaked out trying to fight of the two guys who pushed him in the room wondering what was going on until he saw what was in front of him. He did not like it at all.

While that was going on, taehyun came out of the building wearing lavender colored printed shirt with huge orange flowers to match with white shorts with it. When he came out, he was surprised to see Ye beom in front of the building.

"Ye beom, what are you doing here?"

"Wanted tag along with you."

"Wait, we have to wait for dayeol."

"Oh well as you see he said he had to get some call, so he went ahead."

Ye beom was stuttering. Taehyun felt ye beom was being a bit weird with the way he was talking but did not try to question it any further. He felt bit sad that dayeol was not there, but he did not want to be sad he wants to hurry up and get there so he could see him. When they got to the party it had already started. Taehyun looked up at the unique looking bright lights when they entered the party area. Nice music was playing in the background. He looked around for dayeol, but he could not find him. Taehyun turned around to ask where dayeol could be but ye beom also has disappeared. He was only alone for a minute. His friends surrounded him.

He felt sad that he could not find dayeol so for a while talking to others, he looked around even asking from few others whether he saw dayeol but when he asked their only answer was no. Now he felt really dejected.

Then taehyun realized the people in front of him just stopped speaking was looking at something behind him. He immediately turned around to see what they were looking at.

Taehyun's heart was beating so rapidly faster. He knew what he was feeling now. He was truly glad he understood it now even if it took him awhile.

Over the years taehyun never understood this feeling or any of his feelings until dayeol came into his life and turned everything upside down. He felt scared of the sudden change in his life, but he learned to untangle those feelings he never tried to untangle even if he was slow with it, he still learned little by little.

It was all thanks to dayeol.