Chapter 1. Exposure.

Hi there! Welcome to The Maffia War!

---

---

---

Bang.

I gasped loudly, jolting awake. My heart was beating hard in my chest, harder than the sound from gunshot that woke me. My breaths were deep, a sickly rythem, my body trying its best to pull more air into my lungs.

I heard another shot.

Bang.

I shrieked, my heart banging in my chest, tears flowed down my eyes, my hands were shaking. Everything was getting so close to home, well, if you can call this cold, broken tent a home. Im so scared.

I heard another shot.

Bang.

This time my lungs completely stopped, if I made any more sound, they might mistake me for an enemy. I don't want to get shot. Eventually I heard rustling from right behind my tent, and footsteps soon followed. They were getting closer.

In a panick I put my hands over my mouth. When I heard another shot I let out a loud sob, and heard another bang from right next to me, and a thud following only a few seconds after.

I then heard people cheering outside, I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it seemed they were leaving one by one. Eventually all of them went quiet. The voices gradually faded, and calmed down just a bit.

This past year everything has changed for me, two maffia's clashed with each other in this area, the Six Evils and the Babyls's. The whole of Japan used to be the Babelys's terratory, and we, the villagers and the maffia, for most part lived in peace with each other. But all of that changed about a year ago, a new maffia group rose up, and took about half of japan within its claws in under just a year.

We no longer live in peace, every day we are afraid of going outside, afraid we'll get shot, afraid to lose out loved ones, our family, our friends and our pets. Because right now, its a war. And if they see someone who isn't on their side, they will shoot, no matter if its a villager or an enemy, they don't care anymore. They don't care about us.

Ive been living in the forest here, because my parents didn't want me around in their household, so I moved out. The Six Evils have moved further into the borders of the Babelys's every day. And so they fight here every day, and get closer to my home. Every day I get more scared to lose my life. Because I don't want to be a part of this conflict, but I can't go anywhere else, because if I move they will surely shoot me.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my heart down. They were gone now, I could come out.

Slowly I opened my tent, wich was too small to comfortably live in. It was broken in a few places, and I could feel the wind from within the tent. I then slowly stepped out of the tent, to take a peek, to make sure they left.

When looking around I noticed something, something my heart couldn't handle. It was a man, with purple hair and black clothes, laying on the floor, bleeding out. It hurt to see this, every day death just comes closer, and now it has taken this man.

I knelt down, to touch his body, it was still warm. Blood rushed from his chest, I couldn't see exactly where he'd been shot, but I did see something else. He was breathing. I quickly checked his heartbeat, it seemed slow but steady. I asked myself, "Do I want to save this man? Do I want to risk it? If he's from the maffia then I might lose my life.." I stood up, this wasn't worth it.

"But he will surely lose his if you don't help him." My mind then suddenly said. I looked at his body, and felt sorry for him, sorry he got dragged into this mess.

I dragged his body to my tent, and opened his jacket up. I then bandaged him, hoping he would wake up at all. I placed him in the tent under blankets, and went outside to sleep there instead. The tent was too small for two people to lay in. I looked at the sky, it was dark, probably around late night. I closed my eyes, and slowly drifted to sleep.

When I woke up, there were people standing over me, people I didn't know. They held a gun over my head, and glared at me with cold eyes. My eyes stared at them, still tired, my mind didn't think anything of it, until I finally recognised the gun.

There were was one man, with red hair and a hat standing over me, staring with a dangerous look in his eyes. In his hand he held a black handgun, he seemed to wait foe something. He stood next to a tall bald man with glasses and a black hat with a white stripe across. He looked to be the red haired man's boss, and if not his boss, at least his authority figure.

I stared at them in a panick, looking around me. Why is there a man with a gun standing over me?

From next to me I heard rustling, there was one more man, he was sitting in my tent, looking at something. He had long white hair, and no hat. I couldn't see his face.

"He is in here." The long haired man said, sounding relieved. The other two looked at him, focused. The red haired man then put the gun against my head while he looked back at me. I stayed quiet. I knew that if I made even a peep he would shoot me.

"How is he?" The tall man asked. He sounded quiet, more quiet than I had expected him to sound. It was as if he hadn't slept for two days, like he was tired. He probably didn't get much sleep either with all the gunshots, even if he's the person firing them.

"He's breathing." The long haired man then said. The red haired looked at the long haired, shocked. "But he got shot right in the chest, you were right at my side, you saw exactly what I saw. He should be dead." The red haired man said, frowning. The bald man came to take a look. "It really is him, Opera. He's alive." He said.

"He's bandaged up, and his pulse is steady." The white haired man then said. The red haired man, probably called Opera looked at me, and then at the tall man. The tall man nodded, and he put the gun away. I was still too scared to move, but before I knew it, he put a cloth on my nose, I looked at him, begging him to get it off, hoping he would know what I ment with looking at him.

"I won't harm you." The red haired man then said, and my head went blank shortly after.

---

---

---

Hi there, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. This book is uploaded by-weekly and will be ~1000-1300 words long.

Let me know if there is anything I can improve in this chapter!! And let me know how your day was!! Cya!!

--24 August