Chapter 4. On the run.

"Because you, Iruma, are here to be my next successor."

He said, getting up to leave again. He closed the door behind him, leaving me utterly clueless to how I should respond and confused. His next successor? Does he mean he wants me to become a maffia leader? No, that can't be, right?

And what did he mean with 'You know what to do, right Opera? The knives are in the kitchen, take care of him.' Does he plan on killing me? Torturing me? Is it because I didn't leave from under the bed? Oh god.. I don't want to imagine it, the red haired man coming into the room with a sharp knife, looking at me without emotion as he starts torturing me.

The thought of it made me physically shutter. I looked at the person called Opera, practically begging him to not hurt me with my eyes. He was already staring at me as I looked at him. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you." He said, staring at me from across the room.

"Don can be a bit stupid with his words sometimes. He ment that I should go into the kitchen to cook you something since you seem to be hungry. And he ment that I should litterely take care of you, and your wellbeing. Basically I have to ensure your safety and health." He said, getting up.

"Now excuse me, I will cook you something, I won't lock the door, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to leave, so don't leave the room." He then stared straight at me with dangerous eyes. "Unless you want to find out what the consequences are." He then walked out the door and shut it behind him.

I let out a long breath that I didn't know I was holding in and stared at the door. The red haired man is scary, I think he's like that on purpose with that poker face, he probably isn't allowed to show much emotion around the 'Don' person and the rest.

He warned me not to leave the room, yet left the door unlocked. Why? Is he testing me? Probably, he might be standing outside right this second. But even so, on the other side of this door is freedom, at least, a step closer to. If I walk out that door I can leave this place behind, maybe even escape.

I don't want to stay here any longer. Especially since that 'Don' person wants to make me his successor. I don't exactly know what that means, but I do know it means ill be stuck here for days, maybe even years. I also know that being a part of the maffia means I'll have to kill, and I don't think thats something I can handle.

I looked at the door some more before sighing. I didn't know what the consequences were for leaving, and it scared me, but I knew I had to escape, and quickly at that. So I walked up to the door, before putting my ear on the door. I tried to listen for footsteps, and heard nothing. The only thing I could hear was a buzzing sound from the vents, and my own quickened heartbeat. Now very confident in myself I slowly opened the door. I looked to my left and to my right before finally sprinting down the hall.

I rushed to my right, ignoring the red carpet and ran straight down the stairs. All I knew was that I was somewhere on a higher level in whatever this massive mansion was, wich was not much information but enough to lead me trough. Once I ran down the stairs I quickly turned to the left corner, my heart beating loudly in my chest and my breathing quickened. More focused than ever I ran and ran before stumbling upon a man with white hair, holding a gun in his right hand.

He looked at me, and smiled. I stood still, unable to move from fear. I stumbled backwards over my own feet and almost fell. He looked at me, confused. "Are you alright?' He asked as he stepped closer, the gun in his hand almost pointing at me. I shrieked before turning around and running away from the man as quickly as possible.

I didn't see anywhere I could run exept back upstairs, so I did, hoping the man wouldn't follow me. However, the man did run after me, even faster than I could run. "Hey! Wait up!" He yelled. My heart was beating faster than ever before, it raced, making me dizzy. I could feel my eyes tear up from the terror. My legs were hurting from running this fast, I had to get away. I looked behind me, seeing the man coming closer and closer to me before almost crashing into something, or rather someone.

I saw plates flying in the air and fell forwards at full speed, lounching myself against a wall. I hit my head against it, the rest of my body following soon after. After crashing into a wall, I was lying on the ground, my vision blurred and spinning, I stared at the ceiling and it's mechanic lights before trying to push myself up again. My arms failed however, I couldn't sit up. I tried again, sitting up to run away, but didn't have the strength to and fell back down.

A few seconds after falling I saw someone crouch down, looking at me with an expressionless face.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in your room?"

---

---

---

Welcome to the end of a new chapter! If you'd like to read more iruma stuff while waiting, you can go to my profile to my oneshot book or that one.. horrible.. one with Kiriwo.

Ive got nothing to announce, and im bored so im doing selfish self promoting, sorry. Anyways have a great day, and I'll cya later!!

--20 september