Chapter 2. A question.

I slowly woke up. I took a deep, slow breath, everything felt peaceful and quiet for a second, I was laying on a soft, fluffy bed of grass, and I could feel the sun shining on my face. It smelled like flowers, like the spring.

At least, I thought that was the case, but then I remembered, it was Autumn.

My eyelashes fluttered as I opened my eyes. I was looking at the cealing, and was laying in a bed. Confused, I thought of what could have possibly landed me in a soft bed inside of someone's home. My memories were a bit blurry, and I felt tired, very tired.

I looked to the left, and squinted my eyes closed, there was a window there, and the sun was shining directly at my face. Autumn weather always surprises me.

"It seems you are finally awake." Someone to my right then said, and my head quickly turned around to face him. It was a man with red hair..

I stared at him, my eyes wide open, remembering the events of what happened. My whole body shook, and my breaths turned rapid. "Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." The red haired man then said, but I didn't believe him. His voice was monotone, and his face never seemed to switch even a bit. He walked towards me, and I backed away, away from him.

Last time he lied too, I won't trust him. He put a cloth on my head, even though he told me he wasn't going to hurt me. And before that he had a gun pressed tightly on my head.

He reached out to touch me, wich made me back away even further. I felt myself fall backwards and tried to grab onto something, but ultimately fell. When I did, the man walked to the other side of the bed, and I quickly hid under it, staring at his feet. He crouched down.

"I won't hurt you, I promise, I just want to ask you something." The man said, staring at me as I backed away from him yet again. He looked at me, it looked like he was waiting for something, but I didn't trust him. I wasn't going to wait for him to come to me and hurt me again.

When he tried to reach me with his hand I backed away again, it seemed he couldn't get me if I stayed in the middle of the bed, he wouldn't fit under here, and if he tries reaching with his full arm I'll just back away. He won't hurt me. I won't allow him to.

He looked at me a few second more before he sighed and stood up. "If you don't wish to talk, then I'll wait untill you do." He said before walking back to his chair and sitting there, his legs were crossed and there he waited. I stayed under the bed.

A few minutes passed, and he didn't say a word, he was completely silent, it made me uncomfortable. I couldn't see what he was doing all I could see was his legs. It felt damp here under the bed, it probably didn't get cleaned much. It was also getting harder and harder to breathe, but I didn't mind, ive had worse. I don't care how long I have to sit here, even if I pass out. I won't get out.

More minutes passed, at least ten, and he was still quiet. I was getting more and more anxious by the second. He hasn't said a word. He hasn't moved either, and I haven't heard him at all. My breaths were deep and fast, but  I'm not going to panick. Even though I feel like im not getting any air, I know I still do.

Even more minutes passed, about twenty this time. He still hasn't said a word, and I can't breathe. No matter how much air I breathe it is not enough, I can't do this, I have to breathe. But I didn't dare move, so I just stayed.

A few more minutes passed, and I was restless. Tears escaped from my eyes as I hyperventilated, trying to breathe. The anxiety in my stomach was too much for me, and my body felt horrible. Something kicked in, something like an instinct. And slowly my body began moving in jerks, trying to get out from underneath the bed, but failed. I got closer but couldn't get there. It felt so far away and my body felt so tired. I was really stressing out now, and a sob escaped from my mouth.

And suddenly, the man moved. This was the first time he had moved in minutes. He put his foot down. That was all. It made me feel even more helpless. More sobs escaped my mouth as I helplessly searched for air. Eventually I didn't had the strength to anymore, and could feel my vision going blanc. It was quiet now, very quiet.

Well, either that or I couldn't hear anything anymore.

From where I stared the man started walking towards me. He crouched down. My eyelids drooped as I tried holding on to my consciousness. He then layed down on the ground and looked at me, I tried moving away, but didn't have the strength to.

He then reached out to me and pulled me from under the bed with ease. I could finally breathe again.

He made me sit against the wall, and pinned my arms high above me, I didn't have the strength to resist. He was probably going to hurt me now, I had no doubt in my mind.

He spoke. "Deep breaths." And remained silent, it suprised me. What was he doing? Theres no way hes helping me. I don't want his help. He then continued. "You held out for long, far longer than I expected you to." And stared at me. "I didn't expect you to stay till the point of suffocating yourself. Funnily enough its the exact same thing I did when I was a child, under the same bed."

So this was his room? Then why am I sleeping here and not him?

He let my arms down slowly. "Eventually they placed me into another room where I couldn't hide, but that was long ago." He said, his eyes gliding to the window. I don't know why he was telling me a story, but it was better than him hurting me. Maybe he was trying to manipulate me? I know the maffia does that a lot. Ive heard rumors about them torturing others a lot.

"Now, are you ready to talk?" He asked. I nodded, and he made me sit down on the bed, opposite of the chair he sat in.

"I have a few questions for you. Number one, did you bandage the man with purple hair?" He asked. I nodded. "Why?" He then asked, looking at me trough piercing eyes.

I had to think a few seconds before answering. "I live only a few meters away from when he got shot, and saw his body there. I thought he was dead untill I suddenly saw him breathing, so I checked his pulse, wich was okay." I said, looking at him.

"Thats not what im asking. Why did you decide to help him?" He asked again, I looked at him, confused. "Do you not understand?" He asked, seeming the tiniest bit inpatient. "Why did you decide to save hi-

I then jumped as heard a bang coming from the door as it suddenly flew open. I looked at the door, afraid. Who knew what this person was, and what they needed? Maybe they were trying to hurt me because I took so long answering.

My instincts were telling me to go back under the bed, but before I could go there someone called out to me.

"Iruma, is it?"

---

---

---

Welcome back!! If you enjoyed this chapter leave a star! It lets me know you enjoyed it and helps other people to see this book aswell!!

Also if you have any tipps or anything you'd like to see, let me know!! (And and spelling errors, because I suck at proofreading.)

Thank you for reading this chapter, and see you in 2 weeks!!

--6 September