Chapter 6. The search.

I shot up, breathing heavily, I looked around, a bit confused to where I was, before realizing I was lying in a white bed, and that this was now my room. I had woken up to something sounding like a gunshot, and it sounded close.

From behind the door I could hear a girl laughing, running around in the hallway, she sounded maniacal. After the girl was someone chasing her, calling her all kinds of names.

"Hahaha!!" She laughed, running around. "Stop right there you crazy moron!" A man said, sounding very mad at her. "You are going to wake up everyone with that gun, you fool! And stop shooting! You are going to hit someone!" The girl wouldn't stop however, because she continued laughing and running, and began running away from the hallway. The man followed her.

Once they were both gone, I stepped out of bed, and went into the bathroom. My heart was still beating loudly in my chest. I took deep breaths as I stared into the bathroom mirror. I noticed there was another set of clothing on the bathroom, a toothbrush and a hairbrush, so I did what any person would do:

Check if the toothbrush was new or not because I'm not sure if this is supposed to be mine and I don't want to make someone angry by using their toothbrush, brush my hair and get dressed. The toothbrush looked brand new though, so I used it. I don't know why I made the first part so detailed, but thats just me.

I looked a lot better then I remember myself looking like. I used to look a bit different. When I was living in my tent I didn't really have things like a shower. I used the community showers.

I looked into the mirror once more and smiled a bit. I touched my hair, it felt fluffy. My hair was long, for a boys atleast, it went further then my neck at some parts, making me look a bit childish, and not a lot like a boy. I kind of liked it though, I know my parents did too.

I wish they didn't just abandon me.

I walked out of the bathroom, sitting silently on the bed. I stared at the door. I was treated well here, but at the same time, I wanted to go back to my tent. It didn't feel safe here, I felt trapped. I wanted to go outside, but I couldn't, because I was scared. Opera told me that if I tried to escape again, he would hurt me.

I stared at the door again, before someone knocked on it, making me shriek. I hadn't heard any footsteps leading towards my door. "C-come in." I stuttered, still a bit taken by suprise. There the Opera guy entered my room. He was holding a gun, and pointed it at me.

"Don't freak out." He said, stepping forward. My heart was beating sickly in my chest. I backed away from the bed, terrified. "I heard there was someone with a gun around here." He then said, slowly stepping towards me more. I backed away even more, into a corner. My breath quickened, and I could feel my eyes watering.

"Stay still, and show me your hands. Don't make any weird moves, or ill shoot." He then added to that. I slowly showed him my hands, backing away even more. My hands were shaking heavily, and the rest if my body trembled from fear. Opera backed me into a corner, and ordered me to stay there.

"Don't worry, you aren't in any trouble." He then said, trying to calm me down a bit, but it didn't work, not at all. Everytime I hear that sentence its a lie. Every time I heard it, I was in trouble and every time I got hurt.

He walked to the bed, checking under it, before checking under the sheets while I silently watched, trying not to have a panick attack. I watched him searching before he stopped searching. He looked at me, his eyes piercing mine, it was absolutely terrifying.

"I will be checking the bathroom, so I won't be able to see you. Stay still and don't move." He said, leaving to go to the bedroom. I was watching him go to the bathroom with feverish eyes, my whole body trembling with fear. Once he was out of my sight I felt I had to escape. I had to run away, now.

If I didn't he would surely hurt me. I considered it for a while, and shook my head, I shouldn't do it, I might just get in trouble again, but when I heard his footsteps coming back to me again, I quickly ran out the door, to the hall. I felt so stupid right after running, I didn't want to. I ran as fast as I could, because I knew Opera would be chasing after me.

My adrenaline was doing all the work for me, it made me go faster than I ever thought I could run. My legs hurt a bit from running yesterday, and so did my head from smashing into a wall, but it felt fine.

I ran trough the hallway, and then downstairs. Well actually I just jumped downstairs, the stairs themselves would be too slow to run on. I rolled on the ground before running even further.

Then a thought popped in my head, like a light. I shouldn't run away to run away, I should run to escape!

And so I did, I avoided the dead hallway I got caught in last time, and run another way. I could hear Opera approaching me very very fast, and I freaked out. I ran into a hallway, wich was just like before, a dead end.

I looked around, trying to find a way to escape the man when I saw a door to my left. And so I opened it and ran inside, seeking shelter. However, when I opened the door, someone else on the other side had done the same, and I fell together with them, onto the ground.

The door shut loudly behind us, and I was left, half laying on somebody elses body, half laying on the floor. The person who I had pretty much tackled to the ground had lushious pink hair, a black and red suit and ruby red eyes wich stared at me with much hatered.

And before I even knew it, I was pressed to the floor, the person laying on me instead. They pressed a knife to my head, while pressing his knee on my back.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asked me, his voice spitting with rage.

Oh fuck. I really messed up this time, didn't I?

---

---

---

Hey there!!! Its already 6pm lol. So sorry if its a bit late, nonetheless, I hope youve enjoyed!! Leme know what you think will happen next!! its interesting (I actually wana know)

--11 October