Chapter 10. On the run.

In running!

I look behind me, I just left the building, and the pink haired guy is already running after me. He was much faster than me, so I focused on running as fast as I could. The tiles to the mansion stopped, as it was now an open road. I looked behind me, and saw that the pink haired was catching up to me. Am I crazy? Why did I run? He is going to get me! And who knows what will happen next.

My breath was rapid, like the guy just meters away from me. "Stop running!" He said, calling for me, almost being able to touch me now. "I can't!" I shouted back, going off the road into the wild in a swift motion. I ran across the trees into the woods, jumping over the overgrown tree roots, that stuck out like a sore thumb. The pink haired however, didn't see all of them, and fell to the ground. I ran further, and made a left turn, to try and lose him, I ran for a solid two minutes before stopping. I seemed to have lost him for now.

I stood still, my hands on my legs, catching my breath as I looked for Asmodeus. After a few seconds, it seemed I had truly lost him, but then I saw him, in the far distance, looking around. I hid behind a tree, catching my breath before climbing into it, like I had done a million times before.

I was still catching my breath as I climbed higher and higher into it, eventually stopping, sitting on a branch, watching the pink haired approach. He had his phone out, and seemed to be on some sort of app. He walked past my tree, before stopping and turning around, searching. He then looked up, seeing me in the branches while I shyed away from his sight.

I stayed quiet, pretending he didn't see me, but it was already too late. He looked up while he catched his breath. "Found.. you.." He said, breathing heavily, staring up at me. I stared back, panicking. I was so stupid, so so stupid, why did I run? I looked around the branch, seeing the trees were very close together.

"Please get out of the tree." Asmodeus shouted up at me. I looked at him, not wanting to. If I went down now he would surely catch me, and I know for sure there would be consequences. I looked around again, and saw that if I ran off the branch, I could make it to the next tree. I didn't want to take the risk, and so I sat down on the branch, panicking slightly.

"Its alright, please just get down." He begged. "Are you scared of heights?" He then asked. I looked down to the ground, my vision spinning slightly. I wasn't scared of heights, but I was more than eight meters up, maybe 10. I admit I didn't like the height. The pink haired looked at me, panicking and had a hesitant look on his face. "Its okay. Just wait on the branch, I'll come get you." He shouted, starting to climb the tree.

I again, panicked when I saw him climb the tree. I had no idea what to do and I didn't want to be caught, not again. When I saw him getting closer to me, I looked at the branch, that could lead me to another tree. And so I stood up, my legs wobbly. The pink haired looked at me, panicking himself. "What are you doing? Please sit down! If you fall you're gone! Its not worth it! Please don't do this!" He screamed, his face in a blind panick. Meanwhile I took a deep breath, preparing myself.

I then took another breath, taking a step, and another step, beginning to run along the branch. Once I came to the end of the branch I jumped onto the other tree while hearing panicked screams coming from Asmodeus. "Please stay where you are! You could have died!" He said, his face more panicked than mad. "Its okay, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise!" He then yelled at me. "I won't tell anyone about this if you just come down!"

But ofcourse, that would be a lie, wouldn't it? And so I sat on the tree, catching my breath. I stood up again, feeling my legs wobble underneath my weight, almost giving out, and so I sat back down, my head against the tree as I took deep breaths. "Don't be alarmed." He then said. "Im going to climb up the tree, okay? Just stay there, and please, please don't do that again!" He begged.

His words were empty though, and I didn't trust him. Even if he didn't have a gun, that doesn't mean he won't hurt me. And so again I tried standing up, hearing the pink haired's screams becoming more and more frantic, his screams louder and even more panicked. He got off the tree, while I stepped forward, going to the tree I went to before. I then started running, exhausted and scared, and just when I was about to jump, my legs gave out.

One second I was running, and the other second I was plummeting to the ground. I hit a thin branch with my middle, another one hitting my right arm while I plummeted further while I cried from the pain. I then hit my last one, the pain surfing trough my neck, making spin even more, reality in itself fading into the quiet and the dark. I had one more to go, the ground. But I never hit that, because the last feeling that left my body was someone catching me, holding ne tightly, seeing his mouth open, probably screaming.

But I couldn't hear him anymore.

---

---

---

Hi there, thank you for being here, and thank you for reading chapter 10!!

Stay safe and take care of yourself. Have a great day/ evening/ morning/ eternity and see you next week, or the one after that. (Yes im rushing)

--6 december