2| Tek It

•I watch the moon, let it run my mood, can't stop thinking of you.•
|VI|

•••

Vi woke up, a cold sweat on their back, jolting awake with the awful memories of the Ebott Event. Some of the things they saw that day still haunted their nightmares, but that was the past now.

It's always hard to forget the past, everyone at Mount Ebott middle school could relate, truly. It was a terrible day, and Vi was unsure they would ever forget. Yet not the event, but what was lost.

They got out of their breaking old bunk bed, the railing designed to keep them from falling just completely gone, after it had been torn off by accident.

Jumping from the top bunk they almost sprained an ankle colliding with the ground, yet they remained on their feet. They walked into the kitchen, grabbing some spice from the cabinets and shaking a bit onto their tongue.

After eating some spice they took a seat onto the couch, picking up a controller and booting up their playstation, deciding to play some good ol' minecraft.

Vi picked one of their oldest worlds, one they would play back in middle school, they didn't dare touch it now, not a single block out of place. They flew around in spectator looking at the different buildings. Taking a trip down memory lane, they felt the starting of tears, and they desperately wanted to push that back.

Knocking.

They heard knocking in that second, before they could cry. Vi ignored the knocking, thinking it to be someone from the church trying to advertise Christianity or just some door to door salesman.

Eventually when the knocking became too much for them, Vi opened the door, grumbling under their breath.

"Alright, what religion are you trying to sell me?" They asked, opening the door in an aggressive swing, they were met face to face with three skeletons, each dressed like they were color coordinated to each be a different color.

"We're not trying to sell you any religion," one skeleton chirped in, the tallest and the blue dressed skeleton, Vi rolled their eyes at the skeletons overly happy tone.

"We're your new neighbors!" The yellow skeleton, and the middle height wise, still taller than Vi though.

"We brought you a pie!" The brown skeleton held it up, they were extremely short, shorter than Vi and Vi was middle school Y/N fanfiction short.

"I think you got human customs backwards, everyone in the neighborhood is supposed to bring you, food," Vi gestured to the pie, the brown skeleton practically shoved it into their arms, and they were getting tireder?? By the moment.

"Whoops- looks like I forgot," the brown skeleton shrugged to the other two, and the blue one looked at him angrily.

"Ink!" The blue skeleton sighed and rolled the lights inside their sockets. Eye lights?

Holy fuck I want these Care Bears to leave.

"Sorry about them, I'm Dream," the yellow skeleton held out a hand, and Vi did not take it. He seemed hurt at this, yet Vi couldn't muster up the energy to care.

"I'm the amazing Swap, but friends call me Blue," The blue skeleton flexed for a moment, showing off his nonexistent muscles before winking, like it was some video game character introduction, and Vi almost wanted to cringe at that.

A few moments of silence filled the doorway before the third skeleton piped in, "I almost forgot! I'm Ink, what's your name?"

"Vi, is that all?" Vi tapped their foot, a gesture to the fact they didn't really want to be in this situation.