7| This December

•Only in my darkest moments, I wanna see you with your head wide open.•
|MICHEAL|

•••

With Killer's magic ignited and Micheal backed up against the wall, Killer yanked the soul from out of Micheal's chest, looking it over.

Micheal didn't know what he was looking at or what he was feeling, the image of a heart floating so very close to Killer's palm, the feeling of nothing, absolutely nothing in his chest. He started trembling, confused more than anything.

Killer glanced up at Micheal before performing a check on the soul, his smile only grew slightly wider when the soul started trembling a moment, yet he felt a little bad, he definitely didn't mean to scare the guy but he was so easy to scare. He shook his head, performing the check.

Micheal Woods
ATK 7
DEF 16
LV 0
*Doesn't understand the soul in front of him.

Killer was most shocked at the text, glancing up at Micheal as he seemed to relax a bit, largely due to the fact that Killer's hands were warming his soul. Giving him a warm feeling that spread from the inside out, this partly relaxed him, yet he was unsure whether he was in any danger or if this was an attack or something.

"You don't know what a soul is?" Killer mumbled, still holding onto the heart, Micheal took time to look at it, finding it extremely murky and hard to see what tint of color it was.

"No?" Micheal whispered, as Killer pointed to the heart he held. Micheal took a moment to understand, "That's my soul?!"

"Yeah, I was just checkin' ya over to see if ya were a murderer or something, no ones that chill with random monsters," Killer looked the soul over once more, he had a few burning questions on his mind, especially considering the soul was clean, "Yet, you just seem traumatized and depressed."

"You can tell?!" Micheal blurted, jaw agape, filled with shock. He hadn't realized that could be seen from his soul, prior to this experience he hadn't exactly believed in souls, considering it was just something for Facebook moms and Zodiac crazys to brag about.

Micheal caught something he probably shouldn't have heard, "No wonder the boss chose this house," Killer had mumbled under his breath. Micheal pulled back, the soul in Killer's palm following and finding its rightful place back inside Micheal's chest.

Micheal let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"S-so we have all our groceries right? Time to find Horror and Dust," Micheal mumbled, stumbling over his words sparing a glance to Killer every few seconds, his skeletal face filled with nothing but mischievous schadenfreude.

"What 'bout me 'n Dust?" Horror turned the corner with, to Michael's shock, Dust just lying in the child seat of the cart, no doubt uncomfortable yet he seemed content in the seat, close to a state of slumber.

"We're all set to go right?" Micheal asked regaining his composure, well as much as he could in a situation like his.

Once he received a nod from everyone, he guided his own cart to the front of the store, Horror, Dust, and Killer, following suit and all trailing behind him to some degree. They were all so vastly different yet they basically had a uniform, excluding Nightmare, just a t-shirt (Killer was the only variable on this wearing a turtleneck which was more akin to Nightmare), shorts and a blue hoodie. It was remarkable how they matched in a way, Micheal didn't think he could ever match to such odd degrees.

•••

Arriving home after such a bumpy trip (Killer ended up stealing both shopping carts they used, as they needed something to carry the enormous amount of groceries they got), Micheal turned his attention to Nightmare, sitting at the kitchen table with a look of contempt on his face.