3|Problems

•Tied up and branded, locked in a cage, I say I'm gonna stage a great escape.•
|PLUTO|

•••

Pluto woke up at the average time for someone as mentally ill as he, to wake up.

3am.

Yep, that's the only correct answer, something inside his head screamed at him every second until he woke up. Maybe it was just the DID.

Yeah maybe.

Shut the fuck up.

Oh gods, the arguing started once more, Pluto really couldn't take this anymore. At least he was perfect for early shifts at a job, though job employment was a hard deal around here.

Around eight years ago, a fuck ton of businesses shut down after the goddamn event, the event that's practically prohibited to talk about, but he wasn't here to talk about that.

Pluto was dwindling on his last savings, so he really needed a job and fast. There was only about four places he was willing to try for a job, the pizza place, the post office, the cemetery, and the mental hospital. Really the last two were there as back up in case postman or pizza delivery guy didn't work out.

Pluto sighed a moment, standing up to find some fucking food before the only screaming in his head was that of hunger.

Problems am I right?

It didn't bother him too much now, the only times it really bothered him was when he could practically physically feel his bones inside his body. Disgustingly wet. Maybe he should just smash his head against a wall and give up?

Pulling himself out of his house, dressed in the same outfit he'd been wearing for like a week, he stepped outside, the sun wasn't up yet, because it was 3am, perfect time to go check the post office for job applications.

Realizing quite quickly that nothing would be open, Pluto immediately stepped back into his house, to listen to some music at dangerously high levels or watch Tv until a reasonable time, like 7am.

•••

Throwing on a second coat as he got cold, Pluto checked the time, finding it to be right on time, his head unusually silent.

Slightly worried, he didn't have time to hang around as he ran out the house to his car, getting in it and starting it up.

Pulling out of the slightly precarious driveway, he bid the house goodbye, driving down the street, and after around five seconds he found himself at the post office.

That and the church were the closest things to his house, and he wasn't about to sign up to be some shitty priest of a religion he didn't even believe in.

Walking up the steep steps, he opened the door, hearing the jingle of a bell rigged to announce his presence.

"Howdy 'o, what brings ya to the post office? Package? Important documents? We won't bend them too bad," a quite charismatic post man walked from the back up to the counter, a thin plastic wall dividing him from Pluto.

"I was just gonna see if you got any job openings?" Pluto mumbled, watching as the post man went back to the back to grab a sheet, coming back and handing it and a clipboard to Pluto.

"Here just fill this simple sheet out and we'll get back to you in a jiffy!" The post man smiled and Pluto was a bit unsettled, taking a step back to fill the sheet out.

It had simple things to fill out on it, like phone number, address, schooling, experience. Let's just say Pluto did not have nearly enough experience or schooling, but he had a good heart.