6| 1901

•It's twenty seconds 'til the last call, going "hey hey hey hey hey hey hey," lie down, y'know it's easy like we did all summer long.•
|PLUTO|

•••

One day of work.

One fucking day...

The day started well, Epic offered to switch for the first day, to give Pluto the 'easy job' at the desk. Pluto being blind to this tomfoolery, accepted. How wrong he were.

The desk job was hell. Literal hell.

Pluto didn't even know how Epic managed it and managed to seem so laid back too.

6:30 in the fucking morning, Pluto was bombarded with a struggling psychopath and a weird looking skeleton with a speech impediment.

"T-t-t-his t-t-thing es-c-c-caped," a black boned skeleton complained, shaking as he held onto the collar of a very very colorful skeleton's shirt.

"Uh. Name and room?" Pluto asked, stand up to look at the skeleton dropped at the bottom of the desk. He was curled up, clutching broken glasses in a sad way, it really was a pitiful sight.

"Fr-r-resh, room 4-4-420, don't f-f-fucking let-t-t Deccans back-k-k in." The skeleton brushed his hands off and left without a word, leaving the other skeleton, Fresh. Pluto was left aghast.

Pluto glanced to the computer, adjusting his own glasses, there was no room 420. There was only 20 rooms in total.

"Uh, Fresh- is that your name? Can you tell me the number of your room?" He asked, Fresh just sat there.

That was.. weird.

When Pluto tried to grab his attention, the skeleton stood very suddenly, towering over him, menacingly in retrospect.

"Howdy broseph," the skeleton spoke, normally, Pluto didn't know why he was expecting something eldritch instead, but boy did those words bring back memories.

"Hiya, is your name Fresh?" Pluto asked, grabbing a pen and clipboard to fill out the admissions forms for new patients.

"You could say that, what's your name my totally radical broski?" Fresh?? Asked and Pluto almost didn't want to give him his name, likely due to the fact he felt like Fresh would steal his identity akin to the fae, "Where's 'memer' chicken dude?"

"I'm Pluto, I'm working the desk job today, and I don't know who this 'memer chicken dude is?" Pluto tapped the pen against the clipboard impatiently, while trying to remain sane.

The amount of colors on Fresh's hat alone was a colorful laser beam designed to burn a permanent hole in the back of Pluto's mind, while in normal circumstances he would've been overjoyed, something about Fresh was a bit... Uncanny Valley.

He almost expected his joints to move in the opposite direction.

"Whassits name, Epic!!" Fresh suddenly shouted, remembering Epic's name suddenly, Pluto nodded.

"We swapped places for the day, he's taking care of the patients, probably in the common room," Pluto stood up, gesturing to the left wing of the building, or left to Fresh, right to Pluto.

"Take me to him," Fresh put simply, and it felt like a threat.

"Uh yeah sure?" Pluto didn't feel like he had a choice in this situation, uncomfortable but perplexed, he ventured on, taking Fresh to the door of the common room, sliding in a keycard to unlock the door.

"Thanks broski," Fresh spoke as he stepped into the room, Pluto shortly behind.

Epic jumped to Pluto's side, teleportation perhaps? Either way he looked a bit astonished, "This skeleton wanted to know where you were," Pluto gestures to Fresh beside him, whose omnipresent grin seemed to grow wider.