𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟗

You raised your eyebrow, watching Tom's lips turn up in a cocky smirk as you made hard eye contact with him. His lips parted, blowing out the heavy smoke from his lungs.

You straightened your posture, lifting your head up ever so slightly to cock it to the side. You turned to the girl holding onto you with a smirk on your face, "what do I get if I beat him in this race?"

She smiled, her teeth sparkling at the light while her eyes flickered from your lips to your eyes, "you'll have me to yourself." You raised an eyebrow, liking her answer. "All night?"

"as long as you want," she replied, licking her bottom lip. The smirk on your lips grew wider, looking down at her. You turned back to Carl, giving him a nod, "deal."

Carl fist pumped the air, sending you a wink. "How much is he betting?" you asked.

"725,000 yen," ($5,000).

 You felt your stomach flip at the amount. That's more than the average japanese person's yearly salary.. but again, you weren't just any average person living in Japan.

"holy shit," Sakura sighed out from behind you. You turned back to Adri, then back at Tom. His gaze never left yours, his body relaxed as he watched attentively to your conversation.

"I'm on," you unwrapped your arm from Adri. You walked to your car, hearing Carl's shouting from behind you. His hands waved up & down to gain everyone's attention. "Upcoming Race! Upcoming Race!" he yelled to the top of his lungs as everyone cleared the center.

You hopped into your car, turning the ignition on before rolling to the center. Tom's car rolled up next to yours on the track, he quickly glanced at you from his window.

You rolled the window down, slightly poking your head out, "which track?!" you yelled to Carl. He stood in between both cars , looking at you both attentively.

"Devil's Tail."

Your stomach churned at those words. Devil's Tail. That track wasn't just any other, it was the hardest.. and the most dangerous.

Devil's Tail consisted of multiple sharp twists & turns, various bumps, low drops and an incredibly long track... all while being at a high altitude. You had only done Devil's Tail once before.

You hadn't raced there ever since your car completely hydroplaned, your car barely being able to go cling onto the edge as you looked down the drop to your inevitable death. The rest was hazy but you made it out alive.

"Wait! Devil's Tail? Y/N, are you su-"

You cut Hikaru's concern by revving your car, looking straight ahead while your eyes trailed up the track. Tom's car revved as well, both teens catching the attention of the entire place.

You ignored your clan's intense stares of concern and fear. Your eyes flickered up to see those 3 German boys, staring intently at you. They were hot on their feet, their bodies all leaned forward as they watched your fingers tightly grip the wheel.