Step Ten- Divide and Control

Welcome to the Company! When you think of the word company, what comes to mind. In the context I just put it, you are probably thinking of a business. With the definite article: "the" in front of it the meaning is clear. This is known as loaded language. It is very useful in a business setting. Consider that same welcome with the word business. Welcome to the business. It feels different doesn't it? Company without the definite article says to my brain that I'm not alone. No one wants to be alone, so company is nice.

However, take a look at the picture of the cubicles at the top of this page. Does that picture look like company, or division? Loaded language allows a captor, employer, or anyone to give us two contradictory concepts simultaneously. If you said: Welcome to the Division those in your service may feel cut off from each other, but because you use words like: team, or company, they are completely content to stay in their own personal three walled cage.

This technique works marvelously in a business setting. It actually is quite effective anytime undue influence needs to be implemented. In fact, your Empath will find it a privilege to work for you.

Maintaining an Empath one on one is hard work, but those days are past you. Now you have a team. The indirect approach will work better now than ever before.

One Empath may have taxed your patience, needing your constant attention and reassurance. Now others can assist you with keeping the others in line. Each one now wants to be your favorite. Fear, Greed, and Obligation are now on full display. As they begin comparing themselves to each other, jealousy, and envy are sure to arise.

You are now the proud owner of a salmon farm with everyone trying to swim their way up the stream of the corporate ladder. Once empathetic individuals have become cut throat narcissistic opportunists. But don't tell them that.

You are now free to exploit the situation. However, you must maintain a balance of strategic infighting, and motivational incentives to report on their fellow teammates. Failure to do so on your part could result in unionization.

Get them to review each other's work performance. This will divert their attention off of you should the group's morale begin to wane. When you create such infighting, be sure to be the source of their solution.

This technique is similar to step nine. You want to make sure that those in your service always trust you more than they trust each other. In this way they can maintain their division, and you can maintain your control over them.

At this point you may feel that all the previous steps are behind you. Nothing could be further from the truth. You will now need to implement these first ten steps more than ever. Remember, a happy worker is a productive worker. They need regular reminders so they don't get burned out.

You have built a well oiled machine, and like every machine it will need regular maintenance. Let's review these steps on the next page. Full steam ahead!