1

Enid's pov:

Weems told me I was getting a roomie! I finally won't be alone, werewolves are pack animals and while I may be unable to wolf out, at the moment, I still would like to be surrounded by people rather than by myself. I waited anxiously in my room for Weems to escort my new roomie to me, ugh I can't wait to meet her, I wonder what she'll be like. I hope she'll want to do mani petties with me!

I hear footsteps! Jumping out of my chair I rush over to greet her.

"Howdy roomie!" I spoke loudly to cover up my nervousness, but she looked at me deadpanned or unimpressed. I couldn't tell, and my smile slipped off my face.

Silence.

"Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale." I just want her to talk to me, please just say anything, we're supposed to be roomies and this would be such an awkward year if she refuses to talk to me.

"Wednesday always looks half dead." Her father spoke up, but instead of easing the atmosphere he just made it more awkward. Sighing inwardly I try to think of something to say.

"Ohh...Welcome to Ophilia hall!" I stepped forward to give her a hug, a warm welcome, but I was rejected, she had stepped back, so I backed off.

"Not a hugger, got it" I tried to ease the atmosphere again, why were they so insistent on making me suffocate?

"Please excuse Wednesday, she's allergic to color." Her mother's voice was so tranquil and lovely.

"What happens to you?" I made my voice sound like I believed them, that I was interested, but I just wanted Wednesday to speak. Why wouldn't she speak to me, I've been nothing but nice, please just say anything, say anything to me.

"I break out into hives, and the flesh peels off my bones." She was mocking me, or trying to scare me, most likely both. Smiling awkwardly I look to Weems desperate for help.

"Good thing we special ordered you a uniform, Enid why don't you take her to pick it up." I shoot Weems a thankful smile and skip after Wednesday, who has already left the room even though I doubt she knows where we are going.

I began giving Wednesday a tour of the school and telling her about the school history when she cuts me off.

"You can save the standardized sales pitch, I don't plan on staying here for long." Ouch, all that memorization for nothing, though I suppose history isn't everybody's cup of tea.

"Why not?" She was finally initiating conversation, no way was I going to let this opportunity go. I smile down on her, leaning in, she doesn't back up!

"This was my parent's idea. Oh look there's my mother smirking at me. They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan." She was busy with the picture, I was looking at her. She's really pretty.

"What plan?" I wonder if there was actually a plan or if Wednesday is just too paranoid.

"To turn me into a version of themselves." She looked at me like the answer was obvious, and maybe it was had I known more background information, thinking of which...

"Rumors have been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents had to pull strings to get you off." I'm the certified gossip queen of this school, and I'm the only one who can get the inside scoop. Obviously the rumors are fake, Weems wouldn't room me with a murderer... right?

"Actually it was two kids." Wednesday's voice lacks emotion, she sounds serious. I paused and she continued to walk as if everything was normal and I hurried after her, no need to make an enemy out of the person who could easily suffocate me with a pillow as I slept.