11

I get a call from Ajax which is weird because while we had established that we were friends and talked to each other quite a bit, we didn't call each other out of the blue. I looked at Thing and he motioned for me to answer so I did.

"Ajax?" I answer

"Enid, Tyler is the Hyde, I'm going to confront him now, distract Ms. Thornhill." Wednesday's voice ring in my ear.

"Please don't confront him alone, please Wednesday. Thing almost died tonight, I don't want you to die." Tears develop in my eyes.

"Ajax, Yoko, Bianca, and some others are coming as well." I smile.

"Okay, stay safe. See you soon." Wednesday hangs up. Thing and I go distract Ms.Thorshill, the obvious location is her class.

"Ms.Thorshill, I have a question." I state while taking a seat opposite to her.

"What is it Enid, is it about the Dragonsnaps we covered in class today?" She pushes up her giant glasses.

"No, it's more like girl troubles. You see, I like Wednesday, like a lot, and we've kissed, and we've gone on a date, but Wednesday is really hard to read so I don't know if she likes me back." I sigh, slouching in my seat, and keeping my eyes down.

"You've kissed and gone on a date and you don't know if she likes you?" Confusion seeps through Ms.Thornhill's voice.

"Yeah well, we kissed the night of the dance, but her date was Tyler, and then the next day she was at the diner with Tyler, then we kissed another time, and she was with Tyler then too, so it's like am I silver and Tyler gold? Does she like me or him? It seems like me and I want it to be me, but I can't be her midnight love, not when her silver is my gold, I can't be her second best, close but not her favorite. And I keep coming back for more but I fear there's nothing from before." I try to get it all out in one breath, like wow I need water now, that was a lot like a lot a lot.

"Oh, um.. Well has she kissed Tyler?" Why would she even ask that of course Wednesday hasn't kissed Tyler...right? I mean I'm just here to distract Ms.Thornhill not be psychoanalyzed.

"I don't think so?" My voice trails into a question because I don't know, because while I do get jealous of Tyler I believe she likes me more so I never touch his name in conversations.

"Well, that's good right? She clearly likes you, you've shared a kiss. Perhaps Tyler's just a friend." Ms.Thornhill tries to reassure me but now I feel less reassured than before.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, I glance at it and see a message from Yoko.

'Wednesday's gone insane, she's about to torture Tyler' Why did no one stop her? Never mind I wouldn't want to get in Wednesday's way either.

I was about to get up and excuse myself so I could stop Wednesday, when Ms.Thornhill's phone goes off. She holds up a finger. And I wait patiently.

"Hello Weems.......Wednesday's in jail?...........got it....okay, bye." Ms.Thornhill gives me a guilty smile.

"Enid, could you clear up Wednesday's stuff, it seems like she won't be here much longer. Look on the bright side, maybe this clears up all your girl drama, and you'll find someone else who won't send you mixed signals, like... Yoko! You two get along well. Okay off you go." Ms.Thornhill gets up and starts ushering me out the door.

I go to my room and sit on Wednesday's bed facing the door, she's never in jail long. I'm sure Weems will bail her out and then Wednesday and I can hatch up some plan to prevent her from being expelled.

She doesn't show up until morning and she doesn't say anything and I don't know what to say. She gets out her suitcases and begins to pack, reluctantly I begin to help. We pile all her stuff in the center of the room. She gazes blankly and I wrap my arms around her.