10

I woke up alone in Wednesday's bed and it kinda hurt. Gosh, not even a whole twenty-four hours of being girlfriends, or at least I think we're girlfriends, and I'm already clingy, and hoping she's not with Tyler, but why would she be. I hate the way my brain is wired. Can't trust my mind, it's such a liar.

Weems gave an announcement telling everyone to get ready for the mayor's funeral. It's so surreal that he died yesterday, that Wednesday and I almost died yesterday, like what the fuck is going on with this town?

It's crazy that we were invited to the mayor's funeral as the town has hated us outcasts, and he'd probably roll in his grave if he knew we were attending.

There were no tears from us outcasts, we didn't know the mayor and he had never done anything for our behalf. Funerals are sad events, but none of us were truly sad, not to say we were happy, just indifferent. We exited the rain, heading back to the school, I walked beside Yoko as Wednesday is still missing, maybe she's avoiding me.

"Hey, I was wanting to have a nail polish party, you in?" Yoko asked as we walked arms linked towards our dorms.

"Totally, that sounds so fun! I'll just run to my dorm and grab some polish and meet you in ten?" I beamed. Yoko nodded, and I skipped off.

"Hi." I entered the room cautiously, Wednesday was staring at me and I began to feel awkward. Was she regretting the kiss?

"Sorry, I assumed you were still at the funeral." I made awkward motions with my hands as I began to walk towards her.

"As soon as dirt hits the coffin I'm out." Wednesday was deadpanned, but I could tell it was a joke, so I gave a small laugh.

"I'm just looking for a bottle of silver moon nail polish, would you mind helping me find it?" I tilt my head to the side, but she was no longer facing me. What did I do wrong?

"Yoko is hosting a mani-pedi for her crew." I explain.

"This is the third time in twenty-four hours you've forgotten something." Wednesday says, which confuses me because this is the first time I've seen her today, but I guess last night is apart of the last twenty-four hours but my attention span is low so I forgot whatever I had forgotten, I just hope it's not the reason she's mad at me, because well, I've forgotten.

"So, how's everything going?" Why am I making awkward conversations? I know I can do better than this.

"Solitude suits me." Does she not want me here? What did I do? Wednesday please tell me!

"With no annoying distractions, I'm almost finished with my novel." Annoying? Does she find me annoying? I'm gonna cry.

"Was I an annoying distraction?" I ask, trying my best to keep my voice leveled. I grab the nail polish, ready to bolt.

"You definitely have some annoying habits." Wednesday crosses her arms and glares.

"Such as?" Why did I ask? It's only gonna hurt worse now.

"You giggle when you text, which is a 24/7 addiction." She was so quick, no hesitation. Do I really annoy her that much?

"At least it's not a migraine-inducing typewriter hammering in my head." I snap back, hurt.

"When you're not grinding your canines you growl in your sleep." This feels like a direct attack on the fact that I haven't wolfed out.

"As opposed to late night cello solos." I actually love when she plays the cello, it's so soothing.

"You over commit to clubs and activities, then complain about them nonstop." Is this her way of saying she wants to spend more time with me, that I'm gone too much?