8

Thing and I were listening to Girl in Red, I was singing the lyrics to 'I'll call you mine' while painting my claws. Thing started snapping to grab my attention, so I paused the music. He ran over to Wednesday's typewriter and began typing. When he finished he gestured to me to read.

OMG! Wednesday's birthday is on the thirteenth. I need to start planning.

"Thanks Thing, don't worry I'll plan the best birthday party!" I smile as I dash out the door. I need to go to town.

I start sprinting to the bus stop, spotting Yoko on the way I halted.

"Yoko! I need help!" I grab her shoulder, eyes wide.

"Enid, calm down. What do you need help with?" Her head tilts.

"I need to plan the BEST birthday party for Wednesday. Do you know of any creepy crypts or something?" I also need a cake, a gift, a list of people to invite, and a way to distract her.

"Yeah there's one not too far from the school, I can show you later you seem in a rush. Oh and I'll invite some people." Yoko says as she glances at what I can only assume is my hectic appearance. I self consciously touch my hair.

"That would be great, Yoko. Thanks!" I smile as I dash off.

When I get to town I stop by the one place I know where I can get a cake, The Weathervane. The bell jingles as I enter, and of course Tyler is working, I have to suppress my eyeroll. Does he know Wednesday and I kissed? Did he see it? Does he still like her? Does she like him? I hope not. I mean of course she doesn't like him, she kissed me, right?

"Can I help you, Enid." Tyler's aggravating voice enters my ears.

"Yes, I need a birthday cake. Can I get the darkest chocolate cake you have, with an espresso buttercream and a dark chocolate ganache? It would be super if you could decorate it with some dark themes as well like a skeleton." I give him my biggest fake smile.

"It's Wednesday's birthday?" Of course he would know it was Wednesday's from my description, curses.

"Yeah, so can you do it?" I ask. Maybe if I'm bitchy enough he won't ask to come to the party.

"Yeah, totally. That will be $30.17." I swipe my card.

"When can I pick it up?" I ask.

"Four hours." I nod and walk out of the door. Now I just need to figure out a gift.

If I were Wednesday, what would I want? Abort, abort, that's a scary thought! Okay let's think! The best gifts are ones you make yourself. Wednesday would critique my spelling and grammar if I wrote her a poem, I can't bake plus I already bought a cake, painting nails and doing hair aren't really gifts plus I do that as is, this is so hard!

I start looking through shops. They have a Joann? That's an arts and craft store, maybe I'll find something there! Paints, sketchbooks, calligraphy, Wednesday may actually like calligraphy! But what if she threatened to stab someone's eye out with the calligraphy pen? Yeah, next. Yarn! Yes, I can totally crochet something! They have black, score! It's buy one get one half off, I guess I can crochet something for myself as well. I quickly grab a black and pink yarn and check out.

I sit down across from the melted pilgrim statue while I crochet Wednesday and I a snood!

Checking the time I grab the cake and text Yoko as I board the bus to see if everyone is ready, I receive a thumbs up and a tagged location. Heading toward Wednesday's and my room I hand off the cake to Ajax and instruct him to shove a note under the door a minute after I enter.

"Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt your...Do I even want to know?" I shake my head as I look over Wednesday and all the candles that had illuminated her face. In this light I swear I'm blind.