6

I wake up to a gentle shake of my shoulder and the first thing I see is a mascara stained pillow.

"Sorry about the pillow, and disturbing you last night." I mumble, eyes cast downwards.

"Oh Enid, you've got nothing to be sorry for, do you wanna talk now or just head to class?" Yoko's voice is gentler than normal, she takes the pillow from my hand and sets it to the side as she sits next to me.

"Wednesday didn't show, why would she? She probably didn't even realize it was a date." I attempt a smile as Yoko rubs my back.

"That doesn't excuse her not showing up. Now let's get you freshened up we have Miss. Thornhill's class in a few." Yoko drags me out of bed and I head to the bathroom where I see my red puffy eyes. I try splashing water to make the swelling go down to no use, I know I'll have to sneak into my room to grab some concealer.

"What if we skip?" I call out.

"You've never skipped before." Yoko says handing me a spare uniform.

"You're right, thanks." I offer a smile and she leaves me to get changed.

After stopping by my room real quick and checking that the cost was clear Yoko and I head to class. Sadly enough I'll have to face Wednesday in my first period, not like she'll likely acknowledge me, but I really don't want to watch Xaviar flirt with Wednesday all of class.

"While most plants award their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception. The orchid mimics the female insect luring the males in now that the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in return?" I wonder if that means gay insects are immune, or what if it's a lesbian/bi/pan/ect. female pollinator? Was I a foolish insect that fell victim to the ghost orchid's charm?

"Nada, just like all the guys at the Raven." Biancia quips.

"Alright, I know your all excited for Saturday, so I didn't assign any homework. But I do still need volunteers for the decoration committee." Miss. Thornhill shouted

Yoko and I start packing up our stuff.

"...Or you could ask someone to the dance." I heard Xaviar tell Wednesday. She doesn't respond, just looks at him, but it's more than she's done to me, she hasn't even spared me a glance, just ignored me.

"So you thinking of asking Wednesday to the Raven?" Yoko asks and I look at her quizzingly.

"Why, so I can get stood up again? No, I'll figure something out. If she wants to go with me she can ask. I don't want to be hurt again." I shake my head and Yoko looks at me sympathetically.

"Have you thought about asking anyone?"

"I still got to figure that out as well. Worst case scenario we go as friends." Yoko and I share a smile as we walk out of class.

By lunch the whole school knows Wednesday asked Xaviar to the Raven, and I'm not doing so well. Yoko was with me when we heard the news, yes I the gossip queen was late to finding out my roomie/crush had asked someone to the dance, pathetic. Yoko kept trying to talk to me but I'm falling out of conversations. I can't pay attention.

"Hey, hey!" Yoko shouts, I snap out of my head.

"Repeat the question." I say looking at Yoko.

"Are you okay?" She asks, and I don't know. I'm not feeling so well. I don't want to feel like this.

"Sorry, but I-I need to be alone." I take a few steps back before sprinting up to my room. Thankfully Yoko doesn't try to stop me.

Laying in bed staring at the ceiling, I realize I'm wasting my life on pointless things, like whether or not this girl likes me. The obvious answer is no. She didn't show up to our date and now she asks some guy to the dance, like what the fuck? Does she not give a shit about how I feel? Shaking my head I sit up, I'll find someone else to go to the Raven with me, someone who won't make me feel so shitty. Someone who will make Wednesday feel jealous, though why would she be, she has Xaviar.