2

Today is Wednesday's first day at Nevermore. When I woke up she was already gone, oh well, that just means peace for me and hopelessly wandering the halls for her. I grab my stuff for fencing and head to class.

Wednesday is already there, she has a flair for the dramatics so of course she's wearing black, even though the rest of us are in white and she's not allergic to white as she was wearing a white button-up shirt yesterday. She gives off the "not like other girls" vibe which I would normally roll my eyes at if she didn't look so hot in black.

"Seriously coach, when am I going to get some real competition? Anyone else want to challenge me?" Bianca asks, to be fair she is the captain and Rowan is one of the worst on the team, so she should have been partnered up with someone else, but there was no need to be so rude.

"I do." Wednesday states, for not liking cliches, she's sort of turning into one, new girl challenges queen bee, what are we some high school tv series?

"Oh, you're the little psycho path they let in."

"And you must be the self imposed queen bee." Bianca nods her head at that.

"Interesting thing about bees, pull out their stinger and they drop dead." Wednesday stop, you're so cringe worthy. Bianca looks mildly weirded out.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense, he's not helpless, h'e lazy." Woah,I've just realized that Bianca and Wednesday never seem to blink.

"Are we doing this or not?" Wednesday deadpans, and Bianca nods her head to the side clearly done with Wednesday. They put on their masks and being.

Wednesday gets the first point, but Bianca is quick to retaliate, leaving them tied. Wednesday asks for the final round to be without tips and masks. She's so confident, I sorta want Biance to beat her to wipe the indifferent look off her face.

Bianca does end up getting the first strike, cutting Wednesday's forehead, right above her eye, which is uncalled for as she could have hit somewhere that was covered by the protective gear instead.

"Your face finally got the splash of color it so desperately needed." Bianca is so quick with her tongue, but Wednesday is so shook I doubt she even heard her.

Wednesday and Rowan head to the nurses office, which is slightly dramatic for a little cut, but whatever. They were in the infirmary so long that I didn't see Wednesday for the rest of our classes. I was debating checking on her, but Yoko insisted that was too dramatic and that Wednesday was fine, so I followed her to build our canoe. I'm so excited for the Poe Cup. I swear this is the year that Ophilia hall wins!

Coming back to my room I am bombarded with classical music, looking all around I couldn't find where it was coming from, but a glance out the window I find Wednesday, of course, with a giant cello.

"How the hell did you get that oversized e violin out the window?" Every second I'm around her she gets even weirder.

"I had an extra hand." A literal hand waves at me! Just a hand!

"Whoa, where's the rest of him?" You know what, I'm not even surprised anymore.

"It's one of the great Addams family's mysteries." Any conversation on that topic is stopped by a series of howls.

"Why aren't you wolfing out." Ouch, like yeah she doesn't know, but isn't it obvious that you shouldn't bring up that a werewolf isn't wolfing out?

"Because I can't." I show off my claws.

"It's all I got. My mom says some wolves are late bloomers, but I've seen the best doctors, they say there's a chance I might never, you know" Now let me cry in peace.

"What happens then?" I want to cry!

"Become a lone wolf." I sadly mutter.

"Sounds perfect." She's so apathetic. Like yeah I get it maybe you'd be fine on your own, but this is my whole life. Werewolves are pack animals, I don't want to be kicked out.

"Are you kidding me? My life would be officially over, I'd be kicked out of my family pack, and never have the prospect of finding a mate."

"I'm failing to see the problem here." She's making it so hard to like her.

"I'd die alone!" I try to stress the problem, but she doesn't get it, emotions just don't click with her I guess.

"We ALL die alone, Enid." She stresses the all, and does nothing to comfort me.

"You really suck at this, cheering people up." Tears begin to fall down my face.

"Why are you crying?" She's so frustrating!

"Because I'm upset!. Have you ever cried, or are you above that too?" Her eyes shift, I think it means she's remorseful.

"It was the week after Halloween. I was six years old, I took my pet scorpion Nero out for an afternoon stroll. We were ambushed, they were wondering what type of freak would have a scorpion for a pet. Two of them held me down and made me watch, while the others ran Nero over until... It was snowing when I buried what was left of him, I cried my little black heart out, but tears don't fix anything. So I vowed to never do it again." Wednesday was unable to face me when she told her story, and she couldn't say the word died, so I knew she was still saddened by it. I knew that she had a heart, and she felt things, but she was afraid to feel things, she was afraid of opening up her heart again, so she closed herself off. She didn't want the one thing that she loved to be stripped away from her again, and suddenly I wanted to be the one thing she never wanted stripped away from her.

"Your secret's safe with me." She spares me a glance before quickly looking away.

"Still think you're weird as shit though."I offer her a smile. I'm happy she felt like she could open up to me.

"The feeling is incredibly mutual. How would you like your single room back, you just need to teach me how to use your computer." It sort of saddened me when she asked that. Had she asked yesterday or even this morning I'd happily pack her bags and send her away, but now, now I kinda wish she'd stay. But I want her to be happy, so I give in.

She hatches a plan with Tyler. He'll pick her up at the Harvest festival and take her to the train station. I am in charge of distracting Weems.

At the Harvest festival Wednesday and I watched Tyler argue with his father.

"Are you sure you can trust that normie?" I'm very skeptical of normies, I haven't had the most promising past with them, they always seem to hate us "freaks". I don't want him to be involved in some scheme where he leads Wednesday off to an area where she gets jumped or worse.

"I trust that I can handle myself." Why is she resistant to care?

"Well good luck and safe travels, still not a hugger, got it." I give one last smile before walking away. I'll miss her. Oh well, she wouldn't listen if I asked her to stay. I walk off and enjoy the carnival games.

I'm on the ferris wheel thinking of Wednesday, wondering what she is up to, from this creaky compartment seat, with a pretty good looking view. She is somewhere in the states, going somewhere on a train, it doesn't really matter as long as she's always faraway, or maybe on a bus four months straight, she's fine, but I'm going insane, like it's been months since we've talked, and I'm just an unstable mess.

I kinda fear I'll never see her again, which is insane since we're barely friends. She has my phone number, but I know she wont call, she's above all the tech that she doesn't understand. I stand in our room, looking out the window, half of it still left uncovered, as I hope she'll return, but I know it's wishful thinking, and she'll never look back.