5

Today is volunteer day! After the excitement of the Poe Cup had died down it was the thing I was most looking forward to. And to my very luck I got Pilgrim World!

"Yes! I got Pilgrim World! I do have natural people skills and I love performing, so kinda the obvi choice. What did you get?" I was bouncing back and forth on my toes, the excitement unable to stay within my body.

"Uriah's Heap, whatever that is." Aw she answered me, she's so cute. Wait Uriah's Heap, oh no that place is so creepy, Wednesday will probably love it.

"It's a weird creepy antique store, you'll love it though." I give Wednesday a reassuring smile.

"I was crossing my claws that we'd be at outreach together, but I guess we'll just have to do something later. Wanna go behind the greenhouse tonight?" Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes.

"The green house?" Wednesday's head tilts slightly. She's so cute!

"Yeah, it's like the perfect place to stargaze, plot murder what have you. There's supposed to be a blue moon, it only happens once every twenty-three years or something crazy. Should get a killer view from there." It's also the place where most students go to makeout. Because I don't wanna be your friend I wanna kiss your lips.

"I do like plotting murder...Okay." WEDNESDAY SAID YES! She said yes! Well she said okay, but that's an affirmative answer.

"Great, see you tonight!" I skip off. I need to tell Yoko! Where is she? Looking around I spot her near where we received the Poe Cup and I sprint over.

"Yoko! Yoko! Yoko!" I yell crashing into her, she reaches her arms out to steady me.

"What is it Enid?" She says looking at me like I've lost my mind.

"I asked Wednesday to go to the back of the green house with me tonight and she said YES! She said yes can you believe it, Yoko?" I go lax in Yoko's arms as if I'd fainted and Yoko DROPPED me! How rude!

"Yoko!" I whine while standing up.

"Aw little Enid's finally making moves, you're all grown up now. Little wolf ready to scratch their paws." Yoko made cooing noises.

"Stretch their paws? Really Yoko?" I raise an eyebrow, she shrugs.

"Best I could come up with. What are you planning on wearing?" Oh no! I hadn't thought that far.

"I have no idea. Should I wear black? Or is that like changing myself for someone which should be avoided. Is an all pink outfit too much? Yoko help, I'm lost!" Yoko laughs at me, the audacity!

"Aw little pup, come to my room tonight with some clothes we'll get you sorted." I tackle her in a hug and she pushes me off.

"Ok that's enough. They're starting to board the bus. You don't wanna miss Pilgrim World, you know I'll be there too." She smiles.

"Yay! It's gonna be soooo much fun!" I bounce and Yoko shakes her head as we head to the bus.

Yoko waves at me to sit next to Wednesday who is already on the bus sitting alone. I'm surprised Xaviar hadn't snatched that spot but more time for me to be with Wednesday. Shooting Yoko a smile I plop down next to Wednesday hoping to startle her, but no dice.

"Hey roomie. Oh, what's that book about? Is it a good read? Inspiration for the book you're writing?" I physically clamp my mouth shut to prevent myself from asking any more questions.

"Rowan led me to it. It's important, I just have to figure out how or why." Wednesday looks up from the book and catches my eyes.

"Speaking of Rowan, did you find anything in the woods?" I prompt more questions.